Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

To do - Monday

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:55 AM
  • 8 Replies

It's Monday already!  What are you doing today?

by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:56 AM

So far we have completed Math, Spelling, and handwriting with my 2nd grader.  My preschooler has worked through her workboxes and is now playing on the iPad while I get some things done.  

I need to flip laundry, fold and put it away.  I'm first going to make lunch because I'm starving!  Then figure out dinner.  Hmmmm, chicken or hamburger tonight?

usmom3
by BJ on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Make laundry detergent
Laundry
Pay bills
Clean house
Make breakfast
There is more but can't think of it all at this time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2justone
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:40 AM

We did reading (so frustrating for me, she knows the words but won't read them in a sentence!) then we did some states and capitals(because that is what she wanted to do, LOL) and then we did bingo munchi math with candy....just finished about 20 minutes ago. Finally made it to 2 hours today, our goal is 2 hours of in home schooling then the rest of the day we just learn through play and FUN!!!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:57 AM

My advice would be not to worry much about time.  For first grade, there were days we got done in less than 2 hours.  Heck, here in second grade we can get done mostly in 2 hours if she focuses.  Kindergarten definitely could be completed in less time.  Just relax and have fun :)

Quoting Mommy2justone:

We did reading (so frustrating for me, she knows the words but won't read them in a sentence!) then we did some states and capitals(because that is what she wanted to do, LOL) and then we did bingo munchi math with candy....just finished about 20 minutes ago. Finally made it to 2 hours today, our goal is 2 hours of in home schooling then the rest of the day we just learn through play and FUN!!!

Mommy2justone
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Thanks! I will not worry about time any longer :) 
But I thought you had to have like a certian number of hours for the year? 

Quoting Boobah:

My advice would be not to worry much about time.  For first grade, there were days we got done in less than 2 hours.  Heck, here in second grade we can get done mostly in 2 hours if she focuses.  Kindergarten definitely could be completed in less time.  Just relax and have fun :)

Quoting Mommy2justone:

chamelinmom
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 4:33 PM

We did math worksheets and glue together flags. i explained the flag and we talked about where we live and such. I will soon do reading. We also did our letter writing of the day...my kids are young. My older 2(ages 5 and4) are 17months apart and the younger is actually more advanced than my older one so im teaching kindergarden to both

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Sep. 10, 2012 at 4:46 PM
We have finished the important subject for the day.(math, reading and writing) then had lunch and the older two went out to work with Dad in the garage. Alex (7 ds) is learning how to break down an engine..and Emma (5) was helping polish tools.
They are doing quiet time now and after we are going out for Emma's birthday. She is 5 today! They grow up so fast *sniff*
usmom3
by BJ on Sep. 10, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Quoting usmom3:

Make laundry detergent
Laundry
Pay bills
Clean house
Make breakfast
There is more but can't think of it all at this time.

So I ended up having to run to town to take back a movie from the library before I have a fine to pay. I still have laundry to do, house to clean, dinner to make & grocery list to make.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)