Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

so excited

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 4:39 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

I was kind of worried about music lessons due to how expensive it is( we would need to teach something of it according to our umbrella school)and i found a facility that has a teacher that charges half the price for piano lessons only because he is undegreed.I have always wanted my kids to take lessons because i love music in the home. I was also worried about gym. I want them to be involved in some kind of sports but the county is so wide spread its hard to find things like that. Well we just found out the church right up the road has karate classes that they teach for all ages for free!!!! What a blessing. we would do it 2 days a week and they have it where they teach advance if they get to that point

by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 4:53 PM

That's awesome!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 10, 2012 at 5:56 PM
How fantastic! We dont have $ for music lessons this year but I found a website called freepianolessons4kids.com and its really good!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Sep. 10, 2012 at 7:09 PM

That's great (did you know that some very famous musicians are self taught)! 

chamelinmom
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 7:54 PM

I dont even know the basics to teach her...she loves to play with it but if it will help her achieve other things to, let her be taught

Quoting usmom3:

usmom3
by BJ on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:22 PM

I wasn't telling you that so you wouldn't get her a teacher I was saying that in reference to her piano teacher not having a degree. I was trying to let you know that a good musician is not made by a degree.

Quoting chamelinmom:

I dont even know the basics to teach her...she loves to play with it but if it will help her achieve other things to, let her be taught

Quoting usmom3:

chamelinmom
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:12 AM

I totally agree...didnt mean to sound harsh. They were pushing for degreed teachers(they have a lot and free scedules for those that are degreed) but im like, its the basics. She is 5 years old and does NOT need something more. Now if one of my kids will excell past the gentalman who is instructing them ability, we will then look into further education or someone who may be able to instruct them further, but i doubt it would be for a while. I hope to have him instruct many of my children. its half the cost but for him to set a time for us is a blessing because i have talked to the facility months ago and they didn't have any openings for undegreed instructors then either.

Quoting usmom3:

I wasn't telling you that so you wouldn't get her a teacher I was saying that in reference to her piano teacher not having a degree. I was trying to let you know that a good musician is not made by a degree.

Quoting chamelinmom:

Quoting usmom3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN