Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

RACIST SANDWICHES

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 11:15 PM
  • 41 Replies
1 mom liked this
I saw a something on O'Reilly the other day about a principal in Oregon who was concerned about kids bringing pb&j sandwiches to school because they represent "White Privilege" or something!! LOL...if this is what schools are concerning themselves with these days it's no wonder they're turning out half illiterate kids who have to take remedial classes in college...just sayin
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BramblePatch
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I was reading that today....it's absolutely ludicrous. That principal needs to be fired if she cannot focus on education.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Sep. 16, 2012 at 12:19 AM
3 moms liked this
When I was a kid if you brought lunch that meant you where to pore to buy it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BramblePatch
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 12:51 AM
Yup! I went to private schools and always bagged if....money was tight. But I am white and I have never had a PB&J....or at least not since I was a toddler. I abhor them! But give me a tortilla or flat bread and I am a happy girl...

Quoting usmom3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrimsonRadiance
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Are you serious?? That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard... 

usmom3
by BJ on Sep. 16, 2012 at 1:06 AM
2 moms liked this

Never in a million years would I have ever thought of a PB&J as "White people food"! How this lady came up with that crap is beyond me!

Quoting BramblePatch:

Yup! I went to private schools and always bagged if....money was tight. But I am white and I have never had a PB&J....or at least not since I was a toddler. I abhor them! But give me a tortilla or flat bread and I am a happy girl...

Quoting usmom3:

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 2:20 AM
3 moms liked this

And here I thought it was poor people food. I know I was poor and ate them.  I may be white and from a town of all white people but pb&j is cheap and I just figured it was poor people food.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 16, 2012 at 7:41 AM
4 moms liked this
People will come up with anything.
I mean, on wic they give you gobs of pb. Maybe its that fancy jelly that gives you status! ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SilentDraconia
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 7:54 AM
2 moms liked this
I always ate them because we'll they are good and I'm not all white. ( amer Indian/ puerto rican/ German ) all my "ethnic" friends ate it too. This is so stupid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 8:16 AM
2 moms liked this

HAHAHAHAHA! Ow! My brain.

tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 9:55 AM
2 moms liked this
Her comments about the sandwich are far less concerning to me than what she has said about white, gay and middle class people. She's an animal filled with so much hate. NO one like that should be allowed around children to corrupt them. Worse, she's more racist against "minorities" because she insists they MUST be given special consideration and assistance just to reach mediocre status. No. Just no.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN