Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homeschooling and Work - How Do You Do It?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am really wanting to homeschool my son who is now 11. I have pretty much decided that we will give this a go next school year. My concern is that we both work full time. Is this even possible? We both work M-F dayshift hrs. I'll do what I have to do to make it work but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Replies (11-12):
janesgirl4297
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Im wondering if we would have to pay someone to watch him during the day since he will only be 12 and he is very ADHD and a little impulsive. Actually, this is why we are at this point in the first place. Where would I even start with that? Daycare providers?Other homeschool moms? Can someone else homeschool him? Sorry, lots of questions.

denmomof3
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 10:40 AM

You may have to pay a sitter or maybe you can join a local homeschool co-op in your community and see if you can meet up with other homeschool moms who would be willing to help.  I know that in our state the parent has to be the homeschool operator so that means I am in charge of my daughter's curriculum, tracking attendance, keeping files etc...  I don't know about your state or if anyone else can homeschool your son but if someone can at least supervise him during the day, maybe he can independently do some of his work.  If he is doing a computer/virtual type of approach, this would probably help you because he can do the lessons on his own during the day and if he is having trouble in areas, you can help him at home during the evenings or on weekends.  I had mentioned in my post that my sitter's daughter helps with the math.  In this way she is acting as more of a tutor to my daughter and I am still in charge of curriculum, grading, what she will be learning on that day, etc.....  Good luck and I hope you can find someone to assist. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN