Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wish I could buy Your Baby Can Learn Spanish

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 3:03 AM
  • 9 Replies

I was one of those parent to buy their first "Your Baby Can Read" packages and I LOVED it!!! I really wish I would have bought their other two systems before they went "out of business"

Anyone else tried this program? What are your thoughts on the complaints? Would you have purchased an additional system? (spanish, discover)

by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 3:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
oredeb
by debbie on Sep. 17, 2012 at 10:41 AM

hi msreena, nope i wouldnt have bought either one! for me thats to young to start reading and spanish lessons

how come they went out of business??

BramblePatch
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:56 PM
I got a set as a gift. Sold it, unopened. Its not reading...and too young to worry about it. But I am sure Ebay has used editions of the Spanish if you want one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BramblePatch
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this
It went out becsuse it was proven to be a lot of bunk.

Quoting oredeb:

hi msreena, nope i wouldnt have bought either one! for me thats to young to start reading and spanish lessons

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeaHound
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe try ebay or amazon or other sites
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 17, 2012 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

nope never used the program myself. I agree with looking on ebay and amazon though. They may have what you want. :) Good luck. :)  

PEEK05
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't do that kind of stuff for babies, but I think I read in here somewhere that there is a Hooked on Phonics for Spanish!!

MsReena
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Hey ladies!!!! Sorry for the late reply... I'm going to answer everyone's message now!

p.s. I used the program for my l.o.

MsReena
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:26 AM

They were sued for deceptive ads by The Federal Trade Commission...

In my opinion they just made too much money from it... if they would have left off the whole "your BABY can read" and didn't add an age at all they would be fine... I used the program with my son and he's now 4 years old reading at a 3rd grade level... I didn't buy the program with expections for him to learn to read at 5 months... :-/... so I wasn't disappointed, because it did exactly what I wanted... gave me a kind of "homeschool curriculum" to HELP me teach him to read. I'd buy it all over again!

Quoting oredeb:

MsReena
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Thank you for the suggestions, I checked those out and they have a "knock off version" smh... The only place that had the real version was bed, bath & beyond now they're sold out... and I highly doubt that they will ever get anymore :-(... hopefully I can find someone that receives it as a gift and sells it on ebay/craigslist... I'd be a happy camper. :-P

Quoting BramblePatch:

I got a set as a gift. Sold it, unopened. Its not reading...and too young to worry about it. But I am sure Ebay has used editions of the Spanish if you want one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)