Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Field trips!!!

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:07 AM
  • 31 Replies

where ya going on your field trips???

by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:14 AM

None this week, but 2 next week!

Mon is the Missouri History Museum for their Olympic exhibit. Did you know that in 1904, St Louis hosted the first Olympics held in the United States? The same year as the World's Fair. :)

Tue, she's going with the Biology class on their field trip to some nature reserve thingy. I'm pretty sure I don't have to go. Tromping around some swampy spot is not my thing.

usmom3
by BJ on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

Mon is the Missouri History Museum for their Olympic exhibit. Did you know that in 1904, St Louis hosted the first Olympics held in the United States? The same year as the World's Fair. :)

Tue, she's going with the Biology class on their field trip to some nature reserve thingy. I'm pretty sure I don't have to go. Tromping around some swampy spot is not my thing.

That's cool I did not know that!

coala
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:21 AM

We don't have any planned until the end of October.  We will be seeing Chasing George Washington, The Young Peoples Concery, and a Year with Frog and Toad.  I am really excited about these plays and especially the concert.  The concert is an hour and it will showcase our local philharmonic, ballet and opera.  My kids are having fun with the cultural stuff.  We will probably go back to sea world and make that a field trip and learn some more about the animals that we will be seeing.

sourflower
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Last week we went on two. :) The first one was a trip to our local dairy farm. The kids got to see the cows lined up getting milk pumped, going through tubes, through the pipes up the wall & into the cooling tank in the next room. It's important for kids to see where their food comes from. The next day we went to a 4-H fair where they got to see animals like chickens, ducks, goats, cows, sheep etc... they had a horse & a donkey. Local businesses & organizations had some booths set up. We went with another homeschooling family with 4 children from our Sabbath fellowship. The kids had a blast. They got to see an old school motor, hand water pumps, all kind of coolness! :) One of my kids won a t-shirt & the other got her picture taken for the newspaper.

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this

If everyone gets their schoolwork done in the morning we will walk down to our local art show in the afternoon.  It's always fun.  It's located in a historic theatre and features lots of different mediums. 

skeletor1017
by Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 1:20 AM

We went on a hike through Devil's Canyon, with some of my hub's coworkers. The kids had a blast looking at everything and exploring every little pathway.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 1:42 AM
1 mom liked this

So far, it's just new for us to have time to be involved in stuff.   DH is finally making enough that I don't have to do daycare or hold a part time job or something...

So, we are in Choir, baseball, getting into basketball, Junior Bible Quiz, the Christmas Musical at church, my 4 yr old is doing 2 days a week preschool at a church up the street (and she is LOVING it!!!).   We hope to have a little extra cash next month to go to Art classes on Friday.    And next semester, we are starting violin and guitar back up in private lessons.

So, our field trips consist of the Library, the local Christian Lending Library, the community center (to swim), and weekend trips (like fairs, festivals, farms, etc.)

I want to get to the zoo.   Since we just moved to the area, I'm excited to go to the St. Louis Zoo for the first time!   There are other places I want to go when money allows.   I want to go to some of the famous caves near us... the aquarium... etc...

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

Hi Susan!!   I'm new to the St. Louis area.   We live out in O'Fallon, though, and I am NOT a city driver, so I haven't gotten further than St. Peters, yet.   LOL!

Are you near us?  

Bethsunshine
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Tomorrow, we're meeting with a few families from our homeschooling group for a somewhat unexpected field trip to Phipps Conservatory; the county offers free admission to different places on certain days throughout September and October, and tomorrow is free admission to Phipps. Friday, we are going as a family to see replicas of the Nina and Pinta.Last Friday, we went to the zoo; we have a membership.

Join us in Christian Homeschoolers!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3200

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Sep. 19, 2012 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm really, REALLY hoping to take the kids to both the MET and MNH in NYC... Lol for those of you no where near Ny, that's the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Natural History Museum. Our dream field trip, to make when DH has a job, is Washington DC.

We aren't big on little field trips.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)