Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

AS a stay at home/homeschooling mom, do you ask your DH to help out with things? Do you get your quiet time or space? I have a 2, 4 and 6 yr old, all boys. I homeschool and I also tutor and teach on the side. I very rarely ask for help from DH (just recently starting asking for a few things now and then. My cousin and my sister think I should ask for help. My sister is also a sahm, doesn't homeschool, and still has her DH help her. My cousin is engaged, has no children of her own, but he fiance has a son. WE are so much into a routine where Itake care of the house stuff and children, and he takes care of the finances. I dont' want to change that, but I wonder if I should have him help a little so I can get some quiet time, like doing yoga or something like that.

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Replies (11-11):
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 1:33 AM

This past weekend, for example...

He went with us to baseball practice in the AM with my son, but it was supposed to be just him taking him.. but he insisted the girls and I go so we could go get breakfast afterward.  

Then, when we got back...  the older two kids and I got on chores (laudry, dishes that were left rinsed but not washed the night before, kitchen also hadn't had it's usual wipe down) because the night before, I took kids to my son's ball game.   MY DH did meet us there to watch him play.

However, while there, a pop fly came at him while he was holding the baby and he didn't notice.   (baby is almost 3 months old)... everyone was yelling at him and he didn't notice.   Thank goodness it missed him.   I didn't mean to embarass him, but it scared me and I got onto him about, "You gotta pay attention when you have the baby."     (I usually keep the baby with me, but my preschooler was giving us some problems and I had to walk her away to deal with a time out.... something Dad doesn't handle either.)

So... back to Saturday... after the chores, I nursed the baby again and put him to sleep next to Dad who was watching TV while I went out and mowed the lawn.   I came back in and baby was still asleep, so I took a quick shower... then baby woke up and I played with him for a bit and nursed him again... 

I fed the other kids, cleaned up from that... got the kids started on an independent project, nursed the baby again, and then left the baby next to Dad, sleeping again.... and I went to do 3 weeks worth of basic grocery shopping at aldi.   Came home and DH DID get up and carry in the boxes.   Baby was just waking up, and kids and I put away groceries and I sat down to nurse baby again when DH said he was hungry....

Moments like that...  grrr....

Earlier that day, I started sniffling and telling DH that my throat hurt... and I had a headache....

Turns out I came down with a quick headcold/flu that knocked me out so bad I didn't go to church Sunday morning.   Then, when DH and 3 older kids got back from church, I got up and managed life again...

if I complain... we fight...

if I smile and bear it... he's actually decent.   He knows he gets away with a lot, so he will get me icewater or something to make it up to me.   If I want ANYTHING... he'll run and get it.   Like at night if I say, "I'm craving some chips."  90% of the time, he will offer to run and get some...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN