Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Sleep... I know better

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 1:55 AM
  • 2 Replies

Ok, so I'm full-time homeschooling two... on two different levels..   I have a preschooler that I take to preschool twice a week and preschool her when I can in between.   I also have a newborn. 

I take care of everything at home, and have been so busy that I'm actually for the first time in my life RELYING on a calendar.   I'm ahem.. almost 35, and have gotten by without needing to calendar ANYTHING... but we are so busy now, I have to.

Anyway, by the time kids are in bed and I'm caught up with everything and cleaned up from stuff, and got baby nursed for the last time in the night and put back into bed... it's 11:00 or there abouts. 

Then, I do what I should not do...   I get on the computer.    It's almost 1 pm, and baby will be up around 4:30... he doesn't go right back to sleep, but I get back to sleep usually about 5:45... then, my preschooler wakes up between 6:30 and 7...  mornings like this morning... two of them felt the need to wake me up to ask if they could have a pickle... two different times... THEN they woke me up again because they couldn't open the stupid pickle jar....  which woke the baby up finally...  and now, after being woken 4-5 times since 4:30.... , it's time to get up and start the day.

So... I ask myself... why am I desperate to get on the computer????    Why am I not equally desperate for sleep!!!???    And... finally... how much longer can I do this????

by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 1:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
oredeb
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 10:29 AM

the life of a homeschooling mom!!!!

usmom3
by BJ on Sep. 19, 2012 at 11:06 AM

You are probably just wanting some time alone & that time on the computer in the middle of the night gives that to you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN