Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

INCA question

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 7:27 AM
  • 9 Replies
I know its early to be thinking about this, but I'm starting to think about next year's curriculum. I was wondering if anyone from Indiana uses Indiana Connections Academy and what are your thoughts about it.
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 7:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm in IN. I had to look up what it is. I wouldn't use it. It's public school at home. You are required to learn and study what the public school system requires. This means that the government is getting a really low-cost student (from their perspective) yet still able to collect those federal $$ for having the student enrolled. It's a win-win for the state government. I don't think I'd like it, personally.

julianas_mommy
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:40 AM
I realize what it is, I was wondering if anyone was using it and if so their opinion in the academic aspect of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 21, 2012 at 6:27 PM

BUMP!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 6:46 PM

I'm in Ohio, here's a bump!

julianas_mommy
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 7:22 PM
What is a bump? LOL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 12:38 PM

hahahah i thought this was about the inca indians!!!!

and juliannamom 'a bump make the post go to the front of the line!so we can all see it again!

julianas_mommy
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 7:55 AM
Oh!! Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 8:23 AM

bump again

pandagirl31
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I am using it this year. So far it is going great. I have one in 8th grade, one in 5th and one in 3rd grade. They get live lessons with the teachers and the teachers are always there to answer any questions that you might have. My 8 th grader has a low grade in her math class and her teacher has set up a weekly meeting with her to give her some one one time with any problems she is having. He is also letting her due her last test over again so she can make a better grade.  I personally love it, but that is my opinion. We, my husband and I , find that it saves us money in the long run.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN