Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Had to share!

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 3:05 PM
  • 9 Replies
My husbands soon to be step-brother just gave us a huge box of his kid books. We just bought a new cabinet to hold my growing homeschool collection, so I decide I'd organize the books.

Here is the break down of the 103 books he gave us:

26 Disney books
13 dr. Seuss books
28 Winnie the pooh books
33 misc books which include: 10 Clifford books, 4 veggie tale books, 14 chapter books (including ralph's mouse and James and the giant peach) and 3 books I can use for science when she gets to that age.

Needless to say I am stoked!! My dd had maybe 5 books before this, now I have no excuse to skip reading with her, I have plenty of options.

I have a long way to go before we really start school, but my resources are coming along fantastically!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
awilliams77
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 5:21 PM
Oh my goodness! That's a whole library you don't have to worry about late fees! We got a lot of our books as hand me downs or yard sales when our kiddos were little. Then moved on to using the library more as they got older and could take better care of the books.
tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Sep. 22, 2012 at 5:37 PM
That is amazing! Books are awesome! :)
kitkat316
by Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 6:07 PM
Yep. I am so excited. I'm going to keep my eye out for sales and whatnot so I can build up the collection more.

Quoting awilliams77:

Oh my goodness! That's a whole library you don't have to worry about late fees! We got a lot of our books as hand me downs or yard sales when our kiddos were little. Then moved on to using the library more as they got older and could take better care of the books.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitkat316
by Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope with all these books encourage DD to be a readaholic like her parents!

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

That is amazing! Books are awesome! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Sep. 22, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Quoting kitkat316:

It seems to be working at our house! ;o) lol We have a bookshelf in the livingroom that is filled with their story books and and then another book shelf in our room that has a shelf and a half of chapter books that they can't even read yet. I use them for read aloud.
They all three from the 7 yr old down to the 21 month old seem to have caught the book worm bug!we love it! :o)
ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Sep. 22, 2012 at 9:16 PM

aw man that's awesome! I love when my mom sends books to my kids.

rebeccasmly
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Awesome!

We had a lady from church give us boxes and boxes of curriculum over the summer. I'm talking high school biology and life science, whole Saxon sets. I felt like it was Christmas for me, lol.

Enjoy the books!

Ruth372
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:57 AM

That is awesome!!!!

oredeb
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:52 AM

yea!!!!! good start your getting!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN