Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I've had other homeschool moms at our homeschool group tell me not feel bad....but I do.   We put my 7 year old back in public school.    We were struggling big time with doing homeschool.....he was not engaged in it all, he fought me on everything, and he just didnt seem to care about schoolwork at all.    So we went and met with the principal at our school we are zoned for and decided to put him in.   He's doing great so far......getting good grades and excited about learning.   But I feel like a failure.    I still take my 5 year old to homeschool group and we're doing prek/k work at home.    A few of the moms in our group have 1 or more kids homeschooling and 1 or more in school.

I think I do still want to homeschool later once life calms down and my 1 year old is older.     Elementary doesnt scare me too bad, but high school terrifies me!  

Do many families start homeschooling after elementary age and do well with it?   

by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Replies (11-11):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 28, 2012 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this

This  

Quoting KickButtMama:

No parent should feel like a failure for recognizing whatever they were doing might not have been the right track and choosing to make a change!

I also know it is super hard, sometimes, to find the keys to incite excitement in learning. Perhaps you'll go back to HS one day when both of you are more comfortable with it.

undefined

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN