Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What time starts your school day?

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:34 AM
  • 31 Replies

One of the things I don't like about traditional school is the very early start. My DD is definitely NOT a morning person, and neither am I. So I had planned on a later start. My ideal time is to wake up at 8 and start lessons at 9. But my DD is sluggish and makes us even later than that on most days.

What time do you start your lessons?

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:38 AM

My older 2 kids are usually up at 8am and they are supposed to be ready for the day at 9am. Then, we do clean up and chores. THEN we start school stuff. We don't really get going until around 10am. I would like to bump that up to 930, but it's hard. 

mamabens
by Miranda on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:14 AM

We are usually up at 545 because my husband can't drive & we have to take him to work. We take our time waking up & getting going though. I like to be started by 9 am  at the latest just because my middle child has Aspergers &  if we arent' started close to the same time each day it throws her off & we have trouble getting anything accomplished. lol

SusanTheWriter
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:28 AM

We try to start around 10am because DD is just not a morning person. If we start later, we usually finish by 3-4pm. When we started earlier, we'd still finish around 3-4 pm, it was just  a lot more painful!

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:56 AM
We start around 9:30 no later than 10:00.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:56 AM

We are up at 9 or 10 and we start school at 1 pm, it works for us.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:11 PM

We are NOT a morning type family. LOL  I HATE early mornings. :)  We get up around 8 and eat breakfast and do chores until 10. Then school starts at 10.  Somedays we don't start until 11. I just vamp up the day and or the week to keep us on our schedule. :) 

undefined

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:22 PM
We wake at 8am and get to school by 9am....usually...LOL

Sometimes 9:30ish...DS2 has ADD and works best when he is fresh in the am and DH works nights so he gets up for work around 1~2pm and he is a huge distraction to the kids who want to play with him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalemWitchChild
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Well at least we're not alone. lol

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:47 PM
2 moms liked this
Today...I totally forgot DS1..LOL

I woke DD to get her to 9am piano lessons ...DS2 came out and got food and got to work...about 9:15 I realised I hadn't seen DS1! OOPSIE....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coala
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:52 PM

My kids are morning people, but we adults are not.  I get up around 8 or 9 and we are starting class by 10 (I don't have to check into work until around 10 either).  This works well for us.  We are typically done by 2 with an hour break for lunch in there somewhere.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN