Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

The District Won't release my kids (update1) (update2)(update 3)(update 4 homeschool update)

Posted by   + Show Post

The district my DS and DD is in won't release my kids to online school at home.what do I do?.  This is really bizarre to me because I am looking out for the learning of my children and they won't relase them?.  Can somone help me with this?

*update*

Well I contacted the leagal board member of the schools the one that actually made the decision and he is going to contact me back.

I had to keep my son out of school today cause he had a dentist appointment.  So natrally i had a light bulb pop in my head.  I told him to sit down with me gave him pencil and paper and show me what in math he has problems with.  he showed me 10-9= I helped him out I have him now with a hour of working one on one I have him adding 

+67

-------

carrying numbers he has never seen that we looked at a hands clock and he knows how to tell hours and 1/2 hour times diffrence.  He knows how to write long sentences he knows how to read a few big words out of one of his books.

all this in 2 hour time frame.  They said he was horrible in math well can't be that bad HA I'm telling this that is supposed to call and tell him everything if he dosn't release my kids i'm going to court with it this ain't no joke!!!.  It's ridiclous that my son is doing 2nd grade stuff and being held in first!!!!.

Update 2:

So I belive since they won't release my kids I am going to the news about this make it public.  maybe then they will get up off there butts and go to the fax to sign a paper.  What do you ladies think about this?

So I contacted the HSLDA There is nothing really they can do it is "the districts decision" So I'm stuck with them in B&M for the remainder of the year :( she said it was the districts decision.  I do not like this county at all and there is nothing I can do about this whole situation.

SO therefor I am going to go to the school request different teachers and sit there with them till it is time to go home!!!!.  There is no reason that my kids and this school should be going thru this day in and day out I will be so glad to get them home with me next year Just counting down the days till that time comes!!!.  Any suggestions on how I can make the time they are in school a living hell for the teachers till all they have to do is sign a paper?.  This is ridiculous.

Update 4

To be completed only by parent(s) conducting a home school under the supervision of the superintendent 

of a local education agency (LEA).

A “home school” is a school conducted by parent(s) or legal guardian(s) for their own children.  This form 

may be utilized as notice of your intent to conduct a home school as permitted by T.C.A. § 49-6-3050.  

Please complete both pages of the form and return both pages to your local public school 

superintendent’s office prior to each school year.  

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Replies (91-98):
homeschoolx3
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:54 PM

I think you need to do what another poster said you should do. Have a relative in another county? or another state? tell this uesless money grubbing school you are taking YOUR kids, not the govt's out because you are moving. Do not wait for these losers to do do anything more. You really need to just homeschool them for this year, yes it might be hard, but ask yourself " are they worth the time and effort?" Also, where is your DH in all of this?

2_kiddos
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:09 PM

DH Is helping out as much as he can he is also calling leving messages ETC. I have my dad in maine but he will not help me whatsoever so i'm stuck I will just be a constent presence like you said I got my sons teacher changed today and going to a special confrence tomorrow for my DD I'm doing all I can i promise.

I do agree on the money grubbing school thats all this county is money grubbing and to think I HAVE to do jury duty for this county i'm not going to do it proudly eather cause this county sucks!!!!.  I will meet with that princaple 5 times a week if I have to.

Quoting homeschoolx3:

I think you need to do what another poster said you should do. Have a relative in another county? or another state? tell this uesless money grubbing school you are taking YOUR kids, not the govt's out because you are moving. Do not wait for these losers to do do anything more. You really need to just homeschool them for this year, yes it might be hard, but ask yourself " are they worth the time and effort?" Also, where is your DH in all of this?

I am a mom of 2. I believe in loving how you choose to live. As long as your not hurting anyone who cares?.My kids are my life you mess with them YOU MESS WITH ME!!!!. My husband loves me with all his heart! 10 years and still counting. We knew each other 2 weeks before we got married!.  I love my life the way it is a few tweaks it will be all right!!!.  Gess who its Felicity

in love     blowing bubblesice creamteacher

carolkey74
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:20 PM
In tennessee, you don't have to homeschool through your county. We have the option of using an umbrella school. The state considers it a private school, so you only have to notify your school system that you are enrolling your children in a private school. Check out www.homelifeacademy.com. They can give you valuable information.
PinkButterfly66
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:41 PM

What grade are your kids in?  You can withdraw them now and homeschool them if you meet the requirements of homeschooling in your state.  If your kids are in elementary, look up the SOL's for your state and your kids' grades and follow that as your curriculum until March.  You can get math and language arts workbooks by grade at Barns and Noble or Amazon and you can look online for sites that cover history and science.  When I homeschooled my daughter for half of 3rd grade, for the life science/habitate I ordered some painted lady caterpillers and she watched them grow into butterflies and she wrote a report about it.  There are sites online like Time4Learning.com that is very affordable and covers math, history and science for elementary. 

Quoting 2_kiddos:

I contacted k12 again and they stated its cause its not open enrollment right now they need to have district approval so they can enroll them in the program I am still waiting on a call from homeschooling district she is going to contact me back and I'm going to tell her why I am not happy with the school and she will probably give me the ok to transfer.  I am so not happy with this I just want my kids out of there not just for this year but last year to (no k12 then) but k12 assured me that when open enrollment starts in march to enroll them with them and they will for sure be with them.  I want them out of there NOW for so many reasons.  Just don't want them to be there :(.  Its not fair to them to be there watching videos all the time and not being happy to go to school :(.  Sorry I'm in tears right now cause I WANT MY KIDS OUT.  Sorry if this seems like mumbo jumbo but this is ridiculous

kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:00 PM

You are definitely right about...This just sucks.  You Should Not Be Bullied like this. I would do like you are doing and just keep caling and keep being there at every turn. I wouldn't get any kind of an attitude except the one that says you are just so frustrated and would just like to be able to do what YOU know is best for your kids. Someone suggested that you get the teachers on your side. Awesome idea.  Do that. Everyone will soon see that you are just trying to do your best for your children. :)  Also, are there any other virtual schools in your area? Do you know of any local or close to local homeschooling co-ops or families that could possibly help you while you try and get through this the best way you can?  

And don't worry about venting. We all need a place to go and get support. :)  

Quoting 2_kiddos:

That isn't possible either because we do not have the money to move right now.  I am working and I shouldn't be and my hubs is on disability so that's not a option.  We are barley making it as it is and we are stuck where we are at.  The only thing I can do right now is just wait and keep calling the district.  I know for certain they are going to be out of there next year.  So right now it is just a waiting game so to speak :(.  I am going to call union county tomorrow again and talk to another person that wasn't there and see if they can talk some sense into my district.... This just suck I'm sorry to vent in this group you all are so kind and caring. :)

group hug

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting debramommyof4:

Quoting 2_kiddos:

Quoting oredeb:

2_kiddos
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:25 PM
How do i go about getting one?

Quoting kirbymom:

You are definitely right about...This just sucks.  You Should Not Be Bullied like this. I would do like you are doing and just keep caling and keep being there at every turn. I wouldn't get any kind of an attitude except the one that says you are just so frustrated and would just like to be able to do what YOU know is best for your kids. Someone suggested that you get the teachers on your side. Awesome idea.  Do that. Everyone will soon see that you are just trying to do your best for your children. :)  Also, are there any other virtual schools in your area? Do you know of any local or close to local homeschooling co-ops or families that could possibly help you while you try and get through this the best way you can?  

Quoting 2_kiddos:

That isn't possible either because we do not have the money to move right now.  I am working and I shouldn't be and my hubs is on disability so that's not a option.  We are barley making it as it is and we are stuck where we are at.  The only thing I can do right now is just wait and keep calling the district.  I know for certain they are going to be out of there next year.  So right now it is just a waiting game so to speak :(.  I am going to call union county tomorrow again and talk to another person that wasn't there and see if they can talk some sense into my district.... This just suck I'm sorry to vent in this group you all are so kind and caring. :)

group hug

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting debramommyof4:

Quoting 2_kiddos:

Quoting oredeb:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2_kiddos
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:26 PM
Sorry about that hubs was talking while i was typing lol how do i go about finding one?

Quoting 2_kiddos:

How do i go about getting one?

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting 2_kiddos:

group hug

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting debramommyof4:

Quoting 2_kiddos:

Quoting oredeb:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
foxfaith147
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:06 AM

What are the homeschooling legals in Maine with your dad.  Could your kids...on paper...move to Maine with a Maine addy?  And then enroll ..on paper move back here... next fall.

I am but a pile of dung saved only by GODS unwavering Gracepink ribbon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN