Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

It's 10am and I'm already emotionally exhausted......

Posted by   + Show Post

I just need to vent.  The last couple of days we've been gone a good part of the day.  Tuesday I had bible study in the am, yesterday we ran errands, got our haircut, went grocery shopping...  Now DS seems to think we are leaving the house everyday.  He got really angry this morning bc he wanted to go to church.  It's like he got into this routine and he can't get back into our regular routine of schoolwork.  It was only 2 days.  With him being autistic it is so hard to help him understand.  Words aren't enough.  Once he gets an idea stuck in his head it's impossible to change his mind.  I had such high hopes for today.  I got up at 6am and started housework with the intention of being ahead. ughh...  I know it will get better, I just need a little encouragement....thanks!

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Replies (21-21):
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:37 PM

What about hand making a poster with velcro spots on it..   You can make pictures (with velcro on back) to stick to it for the things that need done either that morning or the night before.

For example, school might be a stack of school books... church would be a picture of a church...   shopping would be picture of a purse or wallet...   etc.. etc..   whatever things you would do regularly.   If there IS a change, you get your child on board for the change... have them change it on their board so they can "see" the change and visualize the rest of the day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)