Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Looking for ideas

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:34 AM
  • 3 Replies

I am homeschooling my daughter for Kindergarten (and depending on how it goes maybe continue, fingers crossed for us!), I have reading/etc. and math covered, but what would you use/do for science, history, social studies type things for K? For K, I am not necessarily looking for a curriculum, just resources and ideas, but curriculum suggestions are welcome as well. And then if we do continue, what have you liked for these subjects in the other grades?

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
HappyMom.2
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:21 PM

BUMP!

TeaHound
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:33 PM
I like Spectrum for language and spelling. I used one book the combined all subjects for kindergarten (and prek). I started splitting subjects in 1st.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:40 PM

hi happymom! welcome to homeschooling!!!!hahaha

science- we chase bugs, dig in the garden, feed the animals, whatever bugs or plants or leaves we find we look them up on the interenet and draw them in our drawing books, color them, do some kinda art project with it, we bird watch, go on nature hikes with our packs, and drawing books, pick berries, rake the lawn, lay on the ground and watch the clouds,  look at the sky at night, watch airplanes take off, ......

history- we learn about our family, draw maps about where we live, learn about the things around us

heres some ideas for other grades

Preschool
Kindergarten
Grade Level 1
Grade Level 2
Grade Level 3
Grade Level 4
Grade Level 5
Grade Level 6
Grade Level 7
Grade Level 8
Grade level 9
Grade Level 10
Grade Level 11
Grade Level 12

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)