Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Art Choices

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:25 PM
  • 4 Replies

So I am planning next years curriculum and we will be studying the first half of American History using Sonlight's Core D secularized.  I have been oggling over Artisitc Pursuits and planned to use that  but then I noticed that K12's Art follows their history so I was thinking of using their American Art A.  

(We use k12 independent study for some subjects not all.)

Any suggestions from someone has done either of the two?

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:32 PM

We are doing Artistic Pursuits this year.  My daughter enjoys it, though this is our first year and we are doing Book 1 grades 4-6, I plann on using it next year as well.  I've not looked at k12 art.

lifesadream83
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Quoting Silverkitty:

We are doing Artistic Pursuits this year.  My daughter enjoys it, though this is our first year and we are doing Book 1 grades 4-6, I plann on using it next year as well.  I've not looked at k12 art.

That is the book we would be using next year too!  How old is your daughter?  Mine will be 9 and I swear Art is her favorite subject so I have to pick the right one. LOL

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:39 PM

My daughter is 11 and loves art and craft projects.  She wants to be an artist when she "grows-up".  I like the book and I like that it explains things I'd have no idea how to explain.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:58 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)