Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Contaminated...

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:25 PM
  • 12 Replies
Ugh, we are all sick! The downside of a co-op, germs! This especially stinks since my eldest's birthday party is scheduled for tomorrow (it's a reschedule from July, so we can't really cancel it again). Hopefully they get to feeling better by tomorrow...grrr.

So this has been one of those weeks where you just want to go to bed and wake up next week - between my knee, D J's arm, and now colds (and I just got an email that one of the families at co-op is infested with lice!) ugh, I give up. Wake me on Monday.

Home Educators Toolbox  / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:00 PM

((HUGS)) germs & lice are never fun. I hope that all of you get well soon & non of you got the lice!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting usmom3:

((HUGS)) germs & lice are never fun. I hope that all of you get well soon & non of you got the lice!

I have zero problem with blood or guts, someone could literally chop off an arm and I'd be ok with handling the situation....BUT the near concept of lice has me wiging out! I'm considering just shaving the kids bald to be better safe than sorry...lol...*shudder*
usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Quoting KickButtMama:

Quoting usmom3:

I have zero problem with blood or guts, someone could literally chop off an arm and I'd be ok with handling the situation....BUT the near concept of lice has me wiging out! I'm considering just shaving the kids bald to be better safe than sorry...lol...*shudder*

I am with you there I HATE LICE, I get all itchy just thinking about them.  They are hard to get rid of too, tea tree oil added to your shampoo & conditioner is supposed to help deter them from wanting to live in your hair.

oredeb
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:42 PM

awwwwwwwwwwwww i'll wake you up bright and early monday!!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Oh Honey!  I am sending over some ((( HUGS ))) !  . Hopefully you find you did NOT get the lice. I am a paranoid when it comes to stuff like that. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.  

southernwldchld
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Ugh, us too. We were infiltrated by one of the kids cousins and now we're all infected. The 2yr old has it the worst with a sinus infection, double ear infection, pink eye in both eyes, and the upper respiratory. Oddly enough, feels the best out of all of us.

We find out tomorrow when the test results come back if the cousin has whooping cough. 

Hugs from one sickie household to another, here have a box of antiviral tissues too...

southernwldchld
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:20 PM

And now my head is all itchy...but I blame that on remembering past battles with lice before we exclusively homeschooled lol

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:17 PM
I hope you guys feel better soon.My youngest was sick with a stomach virus, that she got from her little cousin. His mom my sister promised before they came to visit,that he was over his virus and of course,my daughter wakes up the next day vomiting everywhere. I'm so glad it didn't spread to each of us. But anyway I hope you guys are back to your normal selves, so that you can enjoy the party.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Quoting southernwldchld:

And now my head is all itchy...but I blame that on remembering past battles with lice before we exclusively homeschooled lol

Oops, sorry! Lol, I've been itching ever since I found out! Lol we've never been victims of lice, but I'm considering just shaving the kids bald so I don't have to worry about it! Lol.

Sorry your all sick as well! The words is my eldest (whose party is tomorrow) has asthma,so he's the one suffering the most. For the boys it's fevers, sniffles and a hacking cough, for me it's all sinus pressure....ugh!

Hope you're all feeling better soon!!
swim-mom72
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Well I guess the stomach bug going around at our co-op isn't so bad after all!! LOL!

We delt with lice way back when my kids were still in public school and my youngest let a few of his school friends wear his hat on "hat" day. Ugh!! Bad, bad, bad little critters.....thanks for giving me flash backs : )

I hope you all get better soon and are able to do the party.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)