Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
Did/do you send your little one to preschool?

I'm debating sending my son to preschool when he is 3 or 4, preferably Montessori for 1-2 mornings a week, just to get social interaction with other kids on a regular basis.

My other thought is to start a homeschooling preschoolers group on fb & try to get a core group of kids together once a week or so.

I live in an area where it's normal to send your kid to preschool now (1.5 yeas old) for a 'pre-preschool' that 'promotes preacademic skills' so most preschools at 3 or 4 are academic workbook preschools with some art and play time mixed in (not kidding)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Replies (11-14):
collinsmommy0
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Thanks for all the ideas! If we were to do preschool it would just be for fun...but I can see how I can easily set up play dates & such instead. I'd like to find a small core group of moms & kids & I think that's what I haven't found yet!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:16 PM

NO! no preschool here! why homeschool if your gona send your child to preschool? we never had problems with any social interactions!

JDsmomma07
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:29 PM

My son was talking before he was one so I saw no need for preschool. It would have been too babyish for him and he didn't quite understand why kids his age (at the time) were not talking like him. LOL    

That just paved the way for me to just homeschool at home but he does go to a  3 1/2 hour class on Fridays where he can play games and socialize in that aspect . 

lucsch
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:01 PM

The thought of that makes me want to run screaming the other direction.

My son and DIL are sending my granddaughter to preschool, well daycare, for the reason you state--social interaction.

I don't necessarily think that  unsocialized kids learn positively by being thrown together. The big ones learn how to bully. The timid and small ones learn how to be fearful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN