Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Geek Alert!

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:15 AM
  • 19 Replies
Who else is waiting on pins and needles for the new history/discovery channel series' starting within the next couple of weeks?

Lets see, the ones I'm dying for?

Myth Busters - attack the myths regarding the Titanic - Discovery Channel this Sunday at 8pm
Plane Crash - scientists crash a fully functional plane, to gather crash data! Discover Channel Sunday 9-11pm

Men who Made America - history channel Tuesday 10/16 at 9 PM (8 central)
Mankind: The Story of All of Us - fans of the series America: The Story of Us should be super excited for this new series on the history of mankind! History Channel Tuesday 11/13 9 PM (8 central)

What new educational shows are you excited for?

Home Educators Toolbox  / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WantedNameTaken
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I haven't taken the time to list them, but I love documentaries, so I'll just use our playlist. :)

I'm on disc 2 of The Presidents series (great stuff!), so I'm looking forward to Men Who Made America.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:24 AM

We are desperately waiting for Mythbusters. 8) My whole family has geek crushes on them. LOL Even Theo, who is Theo, says Mythbusters? MYTHBUSTERS!!

edelweiss23
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:25 AM
I love myth busters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I've been waiting for all of those too!!!

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:01 AM
I want to see Plane Crash!
kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I'd love to watch the Men Who Made America. Those shows are awesome. 

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I must be living under a rock....I've never heard of mythbusters.  lol

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Now that you have brought all that to my attention I think I need to set my DVR for some of them.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:17 PM

*dies* Do you have Netflix? Look them up!

Quoting irvinehiker:

I must be living under a rock....I've never heard of mythbusters.  lol

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Quoting WantedNameTaken:

I haven't taken the time to list them, but I love documentaries, so I'll just use our playlist. :)

I'm on disc 2 of The Presidents series (great stuff!), so I'm looking forward to Men Who Made America.

I love the Presidents series too, and How The States Got Their Shapes, I've learned such awesome tidbits from that show (like all the state capitals were choses because that particular city lies exactly 1/2 way between 2 major cities in a given state, which is why some states have weird esoteric tows as capitals instead of their bigger cities.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)