Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
Who else is waiting on pins and needles for the new history/discovery channel series' starting within the next couple of weeks?

Lets see, the ones I'm dying for?

Myth Busters - attack the myths regarding the Titanic - Discovery Channel this Sunday at 8pm
Plane Crash - scientists crash a fully functional plane, to gather crash data! Discover Channel Sunday 9-11pm

Men who Made America - history channel Tuesday 10/16 at 9 PM (8 central)
Mankind: The Story of All of Us - fans of the series America: The Story of Us should be super excited for this new series on the history of mankind! History Channel Tuesday 11/13 9 PM (8 central)

What new educational shows are you excited for?

Home Educators Toolbox  / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Replies (11-19):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:30 PM
Quoting irvinehiker:

I must be living under a rock....I've never heard of mythbusters.  lol

O...M...G!! Best show ever! I love that they can do experiments we can't do at home (like blow stuff up),,lol
WantedNameTaken
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Ha!  I just noticed that I typed "our" instead of "your" in my original post.

I need to look up "How the States Got Their Shapes".  I like knowing things like that.

Quoting KickButtMama:

Quoting WantedNameTaken:

I haven't taken the time to list them, but I love documentaries, so I'll just use our playlist. :)

I'm on disc 2 of The Presidents series (great stuff!), so I'm looking forward to Men Who Made America.

I love the Presidents series too, and How The States Got Their Shapes, I've learned such awesome tidbits from that show (like all the state capitals were choses because that particular city lies exactly 1/2 way between 2 major cities in a given state, which is why some states have weird esoteric tows as capitals instead of their bigger cities.

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I have netflix...I'll have to check it out! 

Quoting mem82:

*dies* Do you have Netflix? Look them up!

Quoting irvinehiker:

BraydensMama163
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:43 PM
This haha

Quoting WantedNameTaken:

I haven't taken the time to list them, but I love documentaries, so I'll just use our playlist. :)

I'm on disc 2 of The Presidents series (great stuff!), so I'm looking forward to Men Who Made America.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
irvinehiker
by Andrea on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:44 PM

OK now I HAVE to check it out if it involves blowing things up!!!! 

Quoting KickButtMama:

Quoting irvinehiker:

O...M...G!! Best show ever! I love that they can do experiments we can't do at home (like blow stuff up),,lol

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Just watched the coolest documentary on the life of the president! It went through many of the last 15 or so presidents and a lot about how their lives changed. It also included how the presidency changed with the advent of the 24 hour news cycle. The kids were amazed (shoot so was I) that I was able to name the presidents based on their images, before the program stated their names. It was on the history channel. I think the most fascinating thing was the program delved into possible reasons campaign promises were often not fulfilled, how many men (and women) running for office had a mental image of what changes needed to be made, but once they took office they were clued into many top secret things that may have prevented them from fulfilling promises, like Obamas promise to close Git-mo. It was super cool for my sick, geeky soul!
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Mythbusters blow up so much stuff. So fun!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:42 PM
Quoting mem82:

Mythbusters blow up so much stuff. So fun!

Omg, how much would you love to be a member of the team for a day? They should do that, let us homeschool moms take over the warehouse and blow stuff up for a day....no? Lol
Me.and.Them
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I am waiting for Men who Made America and Mankind the Story of Us and I also enjoy How the States Got their Shapes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)