Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Hooked on Phonics Spelling and All About Spelling... Update

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:47 PM
  • 6 Replies

My son is almost through both of the CD-ROMs that came with the HOP Spelling and he is doing excellent with spelling. However, I am finding the need to buy more curriculum. I thought about buying "All About Spelling," but I am unsure what level to buy for him. 

Does anyone have any experience with both curriculums. Also does anyone know anything about the "All About Reading?" We are using Hooked On Phonics for reading, Starfall.com and Time4Learning.com for spelling but I'm curious about that curriculum as well. 

Thanks everyone.

Since I didn't any responses here; I assumed people in this group were unfamiliar with HOP Spelling, All about Spelling or both. I decided to buy All About Spelling Level 1 and Level 2 and the stuff that you have to have for it. If it's to easy I can send back the lower level. I hope that that the program is as good as everyone says it is. 

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:22 PM

BUMP!

chotovec82
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Bump

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:04 PM
I didn't respond because I know nothing about HOP and didn't open the post...lol

I love AAS. It is worth every cent IMO.

Because of the way it teaches sounds and phonograms, you are doing great to start at level 1, even if you go through it quickly. That will reinforce the basics and boost his confidence.

I haven't tried AAR. I hear the first level is almost identical to AAS.they use the same letter tiles.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chotovec82
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:19 PM

He is learning very well with the HOP reading program but I considered using All About Reading as supplement or HOP as supplement for AAR. I dunno yet. They are awfully pricey.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

I didn't respond because I know nothing about HOP and didn't open the post...lol

I love AAS. It is worth every cent IMO.

Because of the way it teaches sounds and phonograms, you are doing great to start at level 1, even if you go through it quickly. That will reinforce the basics and boost his confidence.

I haven't tried AAR. I hear the first level is almost identical to AAS.they use the same letter tiles.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Sorry, I didn't see this, but I didn't know anything about either of them. I hope it works well for you!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:30 PM
I have no exp with hop either, but also love AAS. We are halfway through level two. Have fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)