Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So annoyed!!!

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:39 AM
  • 7 Replies

I ordered two textbooks and a workbook through DailyDeal USA(a seller on Amazon) on Sept. 12th along with a couple of books through Amazon. Because I live in Germany, it takes up to two weeks for my orders to arrive. I received everything from Amazon in about a week and packages from other orders I placed after Sept. 12th.

The first time I thought something was off was when they said they shipped the books, but each book was shipped separately and only one had tracking. The tracking, this entire time,has said that "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on September 13, 2012 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later." 

I've emailed DailyDeal and asked for a refund and hopefully I'll get it soon. I also read through the reviews and it seems quite common that books never arrive.I didn't even get through all of Oct. 5th's reviews and several people complained of not having received their packages. A person wrote an article on them and the practice of "spidering". I typically don't buy straight from a seller and only through Amazon but I was trying to save some money. Well, I learned my lesson and will only continue to go straight through Amazon. 

Sorry for my rambling. I just wanted to be HSing my kiddos already and I need these books to do that. Grrr, so frustrating.

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
BramblePatch
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:51 AM
I buy private party all the time and have never had an issue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skeletor1017
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Maybe they just don't like me or I have some private seller curse. LOL. I've seriously had more bad experiences with them than good.

Quoting BramblePatch:

I buy private party all the time and have never had an issue.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Aww ~ That stinks.  I have bought a few things from private individuals on Amazon and have had 50-50 on customer satisfaction. 

skeletor1017
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Yeah, I just received a response from them.

"Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, we are not able to process a refund until the end of the delivery window posted on your Amazon account.

Due to the address being an APO address, USPS usually takes a bit longer to deliver.

Please let us know if your order has still not arrived by the end of the aforementioned window."

I cannot wait until Oct. 31st to get these books. I've been living outside the US for 5 years and I place orders online at least 30 times a year and they never take more than two weeks. I think I'll just buy books from elsewhere and wait it out and demand the refund when they, of course, don't show up.

Quoting kirbymom:

Aww ~ That stinks.  I have bought a few things from private individuals on Amazon and have had 50-50 on customer satisfaction. 

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:10 PM
I always double check reviews before purchasing through a private seller on Amazon. But i try to keep things in Perspective as well. I've sold books for them before and had the packages damaged (one buyer received an open empty envelope!) and I had to take a loss since I never got the book back. But I ended up with a negative review even though it was completely outta my hands and I lost the $$ for the book and the shipping. But I Can see how it would be super easy for someone to set the program up for a scam. So, sorry you got burned!
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:15 PM

That's no fun. 8(

oredeb
by debbie on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:08 AM

awwww not good, i sure hope you get your refund,  or your books!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)