Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

School Supplies!!!

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:53 AM
  • 11 Replies

Hey Ladies!

I was wondering what kind of school supplies you get for your kids?.  I'm definitely going to get sparkly pencils and things like that they never been able to have at a B&M school.  I plan on holding back a little of my check every week to pay for this.  I was thinking

*Penciles (shiny sparkly whatever kind they want)

*Binders ( at least 6 each) whatever they pick

*erasers

*Crayons( at least 10-15 boxes)

*notebooks (at least 20 LOL I like to write down things for them to do)

* 2 large 2 small drawer organizers for there papers

*I would like to get a big poster board and cut out of there school papers that were going to be thrown away and make a collage

*One extra large drawer set for there large supplies such as text books

* 2 strainers (as seen on another post) for there binders and pencils

* 2 new desks and stickers so they can decorate them!

Any new suggestions would be great! I like to stay organized everything in its place!

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb357/2_kiddos/Dragion/fantasyfelicity2.gif

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Well, so far you are definitely on the right track. :)   You'll find that you will add to this list or take away from this list as you continue to homeschool. It really is a...as you go adventure.  :)  Kind of exciting huh? lol

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Trial and error will be needed...

I hate textbooks in drawers...we use shelves for reference materials and a crate for each student's current books. We also take the crates when we go to my parent's house for a few days, or travel...just grab them and go!

You will want some manipulatives...counting bears, letter tiles, etc.

We love our white boards...we have individual magnetic one...about $5 each...for doing spelling and grammar. We have a big one for messages or special activities.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Never underestimate the power of craft supplies as school supplies!

2_kiddos
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:42 PM
Yeah i was definatly going to get a bunch of craft stuff we are foing to make our own playdough as we need it also so it turns out to be craft/science project im definatly looking online for a bunch of stuff we can do now so we can go ahead and get started. I love doing things with my kids right .ow Iam teaching them how to clean up there area so when iy comes time they will put things up so they can find it when they need it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:18 PM

rulers

glue

compass

magnifying glass

2_kiddos
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:58 PM

YES TY mem i am going to add them to my list i have to add everything in 2 so each baby can have one :) thanks all for the ideas

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:28 PM
I'm short on time but wanted to make a little warning. Don't get those rough glitter pencils! They will rub your hand raw, while looking beautiful. Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:30 PM

bump!

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:55 PM

typing one hand while nursing baby forgive mistakes.

fancy pencils never work.   leads arent straight and the dont sharpen.  we buy the good quality # 2's and decorate them.   makes fun craft!

can never have too much paper...computer, lined, art, tracing, graph...

markers, colored pencils, and paint is our staples for art/drawing/painting...

Oh, and crayons... my kids don't care for crayons... but yours might.   Mine are spoiled, they prefer colored pencils or markers.   I bought a ton of boxes once when they were on sale for 25 cents each thinking i'd use them.   After two years and I only had opened two boxes...  I started giving them away in gifts and as party favors.   However, mine enjoy the fine point markers, which they each have a box of except the prek, she has the larger markers just cuz she colors too hard.

I give you a word of advice, but we never take it...as a new and excited home schooler.... don't go overboard.   Get a few things you'd like, and the rest organize and decide what you need.  Too much excess causes chaos and you get frustrated after a while realizing your money could have been spent elsewhere.  

You can always buy something new after a few weeks when newness starts to wear off.

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:09 PM

I agree with Jinx ....lots of manipulatives for math.(also base ten bars, popscicle sticks and dry beans etc). 

Also I would add freezer paper for drawing and art projects.  It's super cheap and you can roll out as big of a piece as they want.  It works well for pencil, crayon, marker, paint ...whatever!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)