Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Found an amazing book for beginners

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:33 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

We were at the library Wednesday for our weekly trip and I decided to look at homeschooling books. I found one called "The Ultimate Book of Homeschooling Ideas" by Linda Dobson. This is my first year homeschooling and after my kids dragging their feet at my ideas, I needed help. The book has over 500 ideas for ages 3-12. I've already looked up some of the websites and made some of the games (sight word bingo, matching game with rhymes). I thought I'd mention it for any other newbies who might not know where to start. It is filled with tons of outside the "classroom"  ideas for making learning fun.

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:42 PM

I have been thinking of getting this book. I've heard it got some really great ideas. :)  

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:37 PM

I have that book, but haven't looked at it in a while. I think I will go find it & look at it!

oredeb
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:03 AM

great!!!!! sounds good!

Olivia.M
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Quoting HippieMomma86:

We were at the library Wednesday for our weekly trip and I decided to look at homeschooling books. I found one called "The Ultimate Book of Homeschooling Ideas" by Linda Dobson. This is my first year homeschooling and after my kids dragging their feet at my ideas, I needed help. The book has over 500 ideas for ages 3-12. I've already looked up some of the websites and made some of the games (sight word bingo, matching game with rhymes). I thought I'd mention it for any other newbies who might not know where to start. It is filled with tons of outside the "classroom"  ideas for making learning fun.

Awesome book! and we follow her blog! 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:34 PM

I read that a long time ago. 8)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN