Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have been trying for nearly an hour to get DS to understand place value with numbers.
hundreds
Tens
Ones

He does fine watching the video on time4learning he aced his quiz with some rewording help from me.
But he just lost it. He can't remember anything. I showed him a chart we did two worksheets and he still isn't getting it!! I am getting so frustrated with it!

Help! How did you cover the topic? What worked best for your kids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Replies (11-15):
Starting0ver
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes you have to take a step back. But you might want to watch educationunboxed.com they have some wonderful video's that teach mom, how to get math concepts across. My kids even watch the videos.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Ok, i'm loosing my mind...  i KNOW i replied to this, but I don't see my own reply on here... am I going crazy?

BraydensMama163
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Yes.... yes you are :/

Quoting KrissyKC:

Ok, i'm loosing my mind...  i KNOW i replied to this, but I don't see my own reply on here... am I going crazy?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:26 AM

You aren't crazy. CM has lost a few of my replies lately. Especially when I post from my phone.

Quoting KrissyKC:

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

birthymom4
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:48 AM

I just cancelled that program...we did OK with it and I still like it, but my DD seemed to forget the concepts REALLY fast. We are going back to using textbooks and games.

My personal thought is that it is overstimulating. Like your son, she could pass the tests, but could NOT repeat much of the work later.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)