Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

who uses k12?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:13 AM
  • 18 Replies

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:05 AM

I do.  What's up?

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Not me but here is a bump!

SalemWitchChild
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I do but we just started a few weeks ago. Did you have a specific question?

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:39 PM

I used it for a year with my nephew...

NiceMom06
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:58 AM
I feel lost. Like I'm doing it wrong.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I do.  What's up?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beautifulsmiley
by New Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:19 AM

I just started k12 kindergarten this week im lost too... we were doing my fathers world while waiting for my dear sons books and approval. he has a IEP and it was a long waiting process to get that set up.

we have only done it for one week and im thinking of just going back to my fathers world! however my Dear Sons teacher requested we give it a month... she said it takes that long to get the hang of it! we shall see......

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:58 AM
2 moms liked this

Okay, what ages are your kids? 

Here are some general tips. 

1.Skip 99% of the optional stuff or you'll get bogged down in busy work.  Use the optonal stuff to work on things they are not getting.

2. As long as you get 3% of the lessons done on the progress page each week (for math, languag arts, phonics) and you get 2 lessons of each of th other classes done each week you are FINE! 

3.  On the progess page, thereis a box youcan select to show you an end date.  This button s your friend!!  Use it.  As long as you are ending before the last day of school you are golden!

4.  Relax. Take deep breaths. 

5.  K-mail your teacher when you have a question.  I have 1 great teacher and 1 crappy teacher.  The crappy teacher does not return my k-mails unless I carbon copy my family coach and complain to the principal of the school.  Do what you have to do to get answers!

Do you have any specific questions?

Quoting NiceMom06:

I feel lost. Like I'm doing it wrong.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I do.  What's up?

tracykelly79
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:11 PM

This is our 2nd year. I have a first grader this year. Bluerooffarm gave you the best advice! Don't let it get to you. I have been considering traditional homeschooling myself, because sometimes the amount of material and busy work can seem overwhelming. If you use K12, it is great because the material is laid out for you and the curriculum is wonderful. On the other hand, it is very time consuming and you definitely have time restraints. Just try to stay were you need to on the progress and select the lessons you think are necessary and pass on the others. I know in LA, we are given about 3 different activities. I usually choose 1 out of the 3 that I feel will best help my son learn the material. Don't try to do it all. 

cjsmom1
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I started using it last month.

1. I  thought I was doing it wrong at first because it was only taking 2 hours a day to complete all ds's work. It turns out it was too easy and he went asynchronous. So you need to make sure the work your child(ren) are doing work that's appropriate for their levels.

2. If you find the daily work is too much do things in blocks (ex. 3 days worth of math one day and English the next).

JenieceMojica
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:21 PM

no i use connections acadamy sorry but here is a bump! if u need any help maybe we can still help...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)