Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

TV on school days.

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:56 PM
  • 8 Replies

Do you allow short TV breaks? My DD gets 1 half hour break between her school time, she usually choose to watch word girl or Martha speaks and has a snack.

Does anyone else Allow TV at break times?

Pregnancy%20ticker

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:42 PM

I allow the TV on during their lunch break - no other times.

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:05 PM
I sometimes let them watch in the AM..we don't usually get school started until later in the day and we have a toddler who loves strawberry shortcake. Lol
Once we start school for the day though I don't allow them to turn it back on until after school is finished and they have done their chores. :) i have found if we 'break', everyone tends to scatter and it is hard to get everyone back into school mode again.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Sometimes. It helps my son decompress.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:13 PM

They dawdle so much that they rarely have time for breaks.  TV is almost non existant through the school week..

jynkx
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:24 PM

i only allow it after school, and only if ive had their cooperation.  no work no play...

starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Yes. My kid can watch TV or play video games or do pretty much anything the want to do during their breaks throughout the day..

My boys hardly ever watch TV but my daughter does.  She is very limited on what she is allowed to watch though.

tennisgal
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:40 AM

the t.v. *typically* stays off until 3:00 when Arthur comes on where they can come lay on the couch and watch it if they have earned their tickets (for chore completion/good quiet times/etc...whatever is age appropriate). 

Jlee4249
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:37 AM
Mine is 6 and she actually gets to watch PBS' Wild Kratts about three times a week. She then writes five things she learned about the featured animal & draws a picture in her "Animal Book". She loves showing it off and I'm amazed at the thigs she remembers about each animal. I even learn something new each time.
Otherwise, yes, the tv is more often than not on in the afternoons, though whether or not they watch it is another thing. They're usually playing with legos or off in the reading corner. But it's on.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN