Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What did you do this weekend?

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:09 PM
  • 29 Replies
Fun stuff, relax, nothing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Cleaned, sewed, grocery shopped, school stuff
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3inapril09
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Mice!

Yesterday we bought a hamster and 2 mice. We will be observing the mice and then making a maze for them to go through and time them. I plan on getting a few more mice because i think they are pretty cute and sweet, which i wasn't expecting. We also went to the fire department and got to climb the ladder on the engine. It was pretty awesome seeing my 3 yo getting farther than my 7 and 10 yo's. Lol. Today we went to the pumpkin patch and picked out some pumpkins for the kids. My 3 yo only ran off twice so I call that a great success! We had a great weekend. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Hmm..we went to the fire station for their open house and had a great time. My SIL's brother is the chief so we got special treatment. ;) he took us into all the trucks and an ambulance..not just the one truck like everyone else. Lol
Then came home and enjoyed the weather. That was Saturday.
Today I sat under a toddler who didn't feel very well..and felt kind of sick myself. Hopefully it is a quick bug, and everyone is up to par tomorrow. I also cleaned a little here and there. Didn't do my usual weekend deep clean. I will have to catch up this week. :P oh and I didn't lesson plan today either. Lol oops!
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Saturday was all day at the St. Louis zoo....  then we hit a restaurant with the friends we went to the zoo with... then home in bed...

Then up for Junior Bible Quiz practice, Sunday School, and Church.   Then stop at store to pick up last minute gift wrap to head about 2 hours away for a birthday party for 4 yr old twins (wonderful boys!) and then back to our town to let the dog go outside, change the kids, and head back to church for musical practice and small groups.

whew... I need a second weekend this week just to recover!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

We visited a fire station on Thursday!  No special treatment though.  LOL  Although it was very fun!!

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

Hmm..we went to the fire station for their open house and had a great time. My SIL's brother is the chief so we got special treatment. ;) he took us into all the trucks and an ambulance..not just the one truck like everyone else. Lol
Then came home and enjoyed the weather. That was Saturday.
Today I sat under a toddler who didn't feel very well..and felt kind of sick myself. Hopefully it is a quick bug, and everyone is up to par tomorrow. I also cleaned a little here and there. Didn't do my usual weekend deep clean. I will have to catch up this week. :P oh and I didn't lesson plan today either. Lol oops!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:09 AM

I'd really like to get to the zoo before winter.  Sounds like a busy weekend!  I totally understand needing to recover.  LOL!

Quoting KrissyKC:

Saturday was all day at the St. Louis zoo....  then we hit a restaurant with the friends we went to the zoo with... then home in bed...

Then up for Junior Bible Quiz practice, Sunday School, and Church.   Then stop at store to pick up last minute gift wrap to head about 2 hours away for a birthday party for 4 yr old twins (wonderful boys!) and then back to our town to let the dog go outside, change the kids, and head back to church for musical practice and small groups.

sheila5745
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:27 AM

My hubby and I went away to a little B&B. It was so awsome. We relaxed and went out shopping and dinner. e really spoiled me. It was so awesome. B&B is in Franklin Furnace, close to Kentucky. We did visit Kentucky that's where the mall was.Came home to see our little girs..

sheila5745
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Quoting Boobah:

I'd really like to get to the zoo before winter.  Sounds like a busy weekend!  I totally understand needing to recover.  LOL!

Quoting KrissyKC:

sure hope you get some down time soon...

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Sounds fantastic!!

Quoting sheila5745:

My hubby and I went away to a little B&B. It was so awsome. We relaxed and went out shopping and dinner. e really spoiled me. It was so awesome. B&B is in Franklin Furnace, close to Kentucky. We did visit Kentucky that's where the mall was.Came home to see our little girs..

WAHM behind Coco Bear Cloth and Nikki's Little house as well as retailer for several major brands including BumGenius, Flip, GroVia, Rockin Green, Melissa & Doug, Piggy Paint natural nail polish and more!

BramblePatch
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:34 AM
Friday night I actually went out with friends. We hit a jewelry party and then a local bar. Being a single mom with sole custody, it was a huge treat to get out!

Saturday we went to a relatives farm so the kids could brush the horses and then hit the Folklife Fair and Lambfest at the park. The kids spun wool, watched sheep be sheered, ate lamb, got to pet alpacas, did crafts, and watched the Basque dancers perform

Yesterday was the Trailing of the Sheep...which is a parade with peruvian, basque, and scottish dancers and performers followed by a local Father blessing the sheep on the journey south...and then hundreds of sheep running through town. Its a fun time!!!!! Of course, we have thousands upon thousands of sheep that will start making their way south over the next few weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)