Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

So happy but so annoyed.

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 10:08 AM
  • 12 Replies

I filled out the withdrawl form at my son's school. His last day will be on the 26th :) Yay!!!!

Now, the annoyed part. I received the email, this morning, stating that the rest of his curriculum was being shipped. So, I talked it over with my son about exactly when he wanted to be taken out. His bday is on Monday and I figured he would want to be in school for, at least, that day. He asked to finish out the next week and since the curriculum won't arrive until next week, I was fine with it. I told him not to say anything to anyone at the school until I got there later to fill out the form and he promised not to say anything :/ Well, the secretary told me he had talked *sigh* and she had called my hubs to see if what he was saying was true and he had no idea since this all took place after he went to work. So, I explained everything and filled out the form and we left. My hubs calls me as I'm driving home and says the secretary called him a second time and told him that he was a liar for stating he had no idea what was going on. *INSTANT BLOOD BOIL* I had explained everything to her! She had absolutely no reason to call my hubs back and to accuse him of lying! He made me promise to not call her and rip her a new one. Grumble grumble yes dear grumble grumble.

My hubs knew that when the curriculum was shipped that I would get ready to withdrawl Koty from school. So, this wasn't something sneaky I was doing behind his back or super important that I needed to disturb him at work to let him know. One more week, just one more week.

by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SalemWitchChild
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 11:03 AM

I don't care what hubby says, I'd certainly be calling. lol

skeletor1017
by Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 11:52 AM

I was very tempted but I have to watch my temper since we're military and our son goes to a DoD school. I hate having to bite my tongue knowing I could get my hubs in trouble if I let my temper flare.

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

I don't care what hubby says, I'd certainly be calling. lol

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 18, 2012 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you considered deschooling to start with to give you both a transition period to help you start your homeschool journey fresh? You could use the time until the curriculum gets here to do that, it is better to do a little deschooling then none at all!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Oct. 18, 2012 at 12:54 PM
I would file a complaint in writing to the school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 12:59 PM

I would also complain. The secretary was out of line. 8( Then again, if you all are military, it might be better to let it alone.

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Oct. 18, 2012 at 2:51 PM
The secretary had no right calling your husband a liar. I think you did the right thing by not losing your temper,but some people don't know there boundaries.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skeletor1017
by Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Yeah, I'm definitely going to give him some time to deschool. I don't expect the curriculum to arrive until mid next week and he'll finish his week there. Then we'll deschool the following week. 

Quoting usmom3:

Have you considered deschooling to start with to give you both a transition period to help you start your homeschool journey fresh? You could use the time until the curriculum gets here to do that, it is better to do a little deschooling then none at all!

skeletor1017
by Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 3:02 PM

That is the part that's so difficult. When is better to complain and when is it better to keep my trap shut. She was definitely out of line. She's one of those people that has a superiority complex, not just to me either. Unfortunatley she treats a lot of parents badly and speaks down to them.

Quoting mem82:

I would also complain. The secretary was out of line. 8( Then again, if you all are military, it might be better to let it alone.

MessedUpMama
by Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I am not sure of the protocol involved with this sort of thing, but I'd put in a formal complaint about this whole situation. Especially since this is fairly normal for her. Regardless of her rank or standing, it's wrong for her to treat people that way and someone needs to talk to her about it.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 18, 2012 at 8:08 PM

I would love to say that I agree with writing up a formal complaint but that isn't going to change her attitude. In fact, it will probably only get worse if she is spoken to and formally written up on report for her permanant record. If you should run into her again, just smile like you had a secret right in her direction. She won't be able to stand herself if she finds you didn't get your ruffles in a tizzy. Which means, you kept your temper and were a decent human being and she didn't, making you more of an adlt and teaches your child how to handle himself when the time comes.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)