Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Information on internet homeschooling

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:17 PM
  • 34 Replies

I was wondering what other alternatives does a parent have if the school district denies the child Homeschooling?  Is there any free programs out there?

by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:23 PM
2 moms liked this

What state are you in? No public school can tell you you can't homeschool your child in the United States of America.

SalemWitchChild
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

See if your state has K12. Though the above poster is right. A B&M school district cannot say you can't homeschool. Look up your states homeschooling laws.

K12 is public school done in the home online. Which is what we do.

moneysaver6
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 11:16 PM
The others are correct. A school cannot deny you the right to homeschool.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amandae21
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 11:18 PM

More details... how did the district deny you homeschooling? Or do you mean you weren't approved for the state funded online school?

sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Unless you don't meet the requirements set forth by your state laws the school district cannot deny letting you homeschool your child. Free programs would be through the public school system, which is not the same thing as homeschooling.

StayHomeMom0610
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Thanks, thats another thing I was wondering.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Unless you don't meet the requirements set forth by your state laws the school district cannot deny letting you homeschool your child. Free programs would be through the public school system, which is not the same thing as homeschooling.

StayHomeMom0610
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 11:52 PM

The lady said she would have to evaluate my son first before she can start the homeschooling process, but I was wondering if  there were other options in case she says no.

Quoting amandae21:

More details... how did the district deny you homeschooling? Or do you mean you weren't approved for the state funded online school?

StayHomeMom0610
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 11:53 PM

with K12 do you have to pay monthly.. if so if you dont mind me asking how much?

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

See if your state has K12. Though the above poster is right. A B&M school district cannot say you can't homeschool. Look up your states homeschooling laws.

K12 is public school done in the home online. Which is what we do.

sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:06 AM

There is no state that has an evaluation of the child before homeschooling can start. What state are you in? It doesn't sound like you are looking at homeschooling at all, but as some type of in home public school service.

Quoting StayHomeMom0610:

The lady said she would have to evaluate my son first before she can start the homeschooling process, but I was wondering if  there were other options in case she says no.

Quoting amandae21:

all2gethernow
by Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this
This, totally....this doesn't sound normal.
Been homeschooling and an advocate for 18 years, many states, never heard of getting. "Permission" to homeschool. This is against your rights.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

There is no state that has an evaluation of the child before homeschooling can start. What state are you in? It doesn't sound like you are looking at homeschooling at all, but as some type of in home public school service.

Quoting StayHomeMom0610:

Quoting amandae21:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN