Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What time do you get up in the am?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What time do you get up?

Options:

before 5am

between 5 and 6

between 6 and 7

between 7 and 8

after 8 - I sleep as late as I can!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 59

View Results

Just wondering if there are any other mommies like me who like to wake up before the crack of dawn just to have some mommy time.  I am usually up by 5:30-6, just so I can have a little time by myself, and to check cafemoms of course!  Do other homeschool mommies do this as well?  It seems to be the only time of day I get to spend by myself.  lol 

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:15 AM
Replies (11-20):
SalemWitchChild
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Which time? Because I wake up just about every hour. But I voted after 8, because by 9 I'm tired of going back to bed.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I get time by myself all the time.  I refuse to get up earlier than I need to.  I prefer staying up late than getting up early.  I refuse to get up before 7 am unless I have a really good reason.

TxMommyOfBoys
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:23 AM
I wake up about 7. My boys dont get up until about 9. I never wake them unless we have somewhere to be.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:41 AM

i get up at 5:30 to get dh off to work, make his lunch, help him gather his stuff

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I'm the same. I usually get up at around 7 to take my medications, but I then usually fall back to sleep until around 8:30-9 but I'm not really coherent till closer to 10. My eldest is a morning person and is usually awake by 7am, and usually he wakes his little brother (a non-morning person like me) by around 8-8:30 am. But I'm usually up till around 2 am!

Quoting Silverkitty:

I'm up after 7, like 9 or 10. Dd doesn't get up until then either. We are night owls and work best in the afternoon.

RatherBeReading
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:28 PM

It varies. I get up with DH on his work days at about 5:40am. I am up for about an hour...and depending on how I feel after he leaves, sometimes I go back to bed (most of the time, lol). Then I generally get back up around 8:00-8:30. The kids get up between 7:30-8:00 and talk quietly or get dressed and then come get me for breakfast. I am a night owl, so I get my time after they go to bed. 

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:11 PM

I get up at 10AM not because I am sleeping in but because We don't go to bed until midnight. My hubby doesn't leave for work until 11:30AM & doesn't get home until 10:30PM.

101stwife
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:14 PM

I am up right around 6am when my husband leaves for PT. My oldest ds (15) gets up about 5am on his own. He is my early riser and goes to bed by 9pm. My 5, 12, & 13yo are up by 8am....my 5yo would sleep till 10am though if you let her lol. They go to bed between 8 and 9pm.

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:43 PM
I usually get up no later than 6:30 ,but if I'm sick are very tired I'll sleep until 7ish.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LisaD719
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I'm usually up by 6 a.m. My husband has to be at work by 7 so I make him breakfast. I make his lunch the night before.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN