Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What time do you get up in the am?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What time do you get up?

Options:

before 5am

between 5 and 6

between 6 and 7

between 7 and 8

after 8 - I sleep as late as I can!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 59

View Results

Just wondering if there are any other mommies like me who like to wake up before the crack of dawn just to have some mommy time.  I am usually up by 5:30-6, just so I can have a little time by myself, and to check cafemoms of course!  Do other homeschool mommies do this as well?  It seems to be the only time of day I get to spend by myself.  lol 

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:15 AM
Replies (31-40):
MomofSCMJJA
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

While all the kids were in school, I was up and runing at 5:30 to get the high-schooler on the bus at 6:32 am.  It was tough for us because only one of us (my 4th grader) is a morning person.  We are fully enjoying sleeping in till pushing 9 most mornings now.  We don't start doing any work until about 10 most mornings!  And we are LOVING it!

sdgd21
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this
5-6am, I feel like i can rule the world b4 10 am so i run/walk lol, pray, clean, do laundry, dress make brakefast, and then start school around 9am.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sdgd21
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:32 PM
5-6am, I feel like i can rule the world b4 10 am so i run/walk lol, pray, clean, do laundry, dress make brakefast, and then start school around 9am.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:05 AM
I personally could be an early rise..but my hubby has worked nights the last 8 years so we have more or less formed our schedules around his. We stay up later and get up a little later..but due to a new puppy and the time change..have been getting up between 7 and 8 lately. Which is kind of nice. I get to get up, make the coffee and play with the toddler before the day starts.
tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:13 AM
I'm up between 4:50 and 6, and I don't get to use that time for myself, unfortunately. My LO is also an early riser, so I have just enough time to use the bathroom alone LOL. Sometimes I can even wash my face unattanded, if I'm lucky. DH is up at 7 and out the door a half hour later, and we start our school day at 8.
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:58 AM

I'm usually waking up between 6 and 7 when my 3 yr old announces to the house that it's "Shine time". Hopefully after the holidays, I'll get back into my normal routine of waking up at 5 so I can get my workout in and some time to myself...but that would require going to bed earlier which just doesn't seem to be happening lately...

ablessedlife
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting MammaG08:

I was recently motivated by my very high blood pressure. I keep picturing myself being a stroke victim with four young children.
MammaG08
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Quoting No_Difference:

I'm usually waking up between 6 and 7 when my 3 yr old announces to the house that it's "Shine time". Hopefully after the holidays, I'll get back into my normal routine of waking up at 5 so I can get my workout in and some time to myself...but that would require going to bed earlier which just doesn't seem to be happening lately...

That's too cute...my 4yo calls it "sunny time."  Is it sunny time yet mamma?  :-)  I need to get motivated and exercise before the kids wake up...I guess I am afraid I would wake them up (we live in a ranch-style house). 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Oh that is sooo adorable!  We say wakey wakey move and shakey. :)  LOL  

Quoting No_Difference:

undefined

lifesadream83
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:39 PM

LOL does it count if I stay up all hours of the night to have mommy time?!??! 

I will prolly be up before the crack of dawn regularly in two weeks after dd2 comes.  Right now she keeps me up til 5 am so I don't typically get up until 10-11am and usually we start school around 1pm.  This has only been for the past 2 months but I am very blessed to have an understanding dd.  She also enjoys her morning time to herself playing and getting ready for the day at her own pace. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)