Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What time do you get up in the am?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What time do you get up?

Options:

before 5am

between 5 and 6

between 6 and 7

between 7 and 8

after 8 - I sleep as late as I can!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 59

View Results

Just wondering if there are any other mommies like me who like to wake up before the crack of dawn just to have some mommy time.  I am usually up by 5:30-6, just so I can have a little time by myself, and to check cafemoms of course!  Do other homeschool mommies do this as well?  It seems to be the only time of day I get to spend by myself.  lol 

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:15 AM
Replies (41-47):
lifesadream83
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting KickButtMama:

I can't believe how many wake up at the butt crack of dawn! Yikes!!

Here is one that will throw you for a loop... I have a friend that wakes up at 430am so that she can do the Insantiy workout and run for 30-45min on her treadmil before her toddler and dd9 wake up!  LOL I get up at 10 and I sit down with breakfast and check fb and there are pictures posted 5 hours ago by her...LOL 

I say more power to those who can .... and the courage to accept that I can't ... and the wisdom to know the difference  :)

amandae21
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I get up with my younger kids. They have their internal clocks set for 7:20. Unfortunately their internal clocks do not fall back an hour, so it took a while to get them adjusted to daylight savings time and not getting up at 6:20.

If it weren't for the little kids... I'd probably get up around 8:30 or 9:00. My HSer gets up at 8:00 or 8:30. She and DH get their quality time after the little kids are in bed so I don't mind her sleeping later. She goes to bed around 10:00.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not quite sure where he got it from because it's not something I ever said and the first few times I thought it was adorable and would get up, now I ask if we can turn on cartoons in my room and he snuggle so I can get at least another hour of sleep. I haven't gotten lucky with that yet lol
My daughter when she was his age would say wakey wakey eggs and bakey lol

Quoting kirbymom:

Oh that is sooo adorable!  We say wakey wakey move and shakey. :)  LOL  

Quoting No_Difference:

I'm usually waking up between 6 and 7 when my 3 yr old announces to the house that it's "Shine time". Hopefully after the holidays, I'll get back into my normal routine of waking up at 5 so I can get my workout in and some time to myself...but that would require going to bed earlier which just doesn't seem to be happening lately...

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

lol ~  little ones are not as easily fooled or won over as quickly as some think. 

I love that little saying! its so cute! :) 

Quoting No_Difference:

I'm not quite sure where he got it from because it's not something I ever said and the first few times I thought it was adorable and would get up, now I ask if we can turn on cartoons in my room and he snuggle so I can get at least another hour of sleep. I haven't gotten lucky with that yet lol
My daughter when she was his age would say wakey wakey eggs and bakey lol 

Quoting kirbymom:

Oh that is sooo adorable!  We say wakey wakey move and shakey. :)  LOL  

Quoting No_Difference:

I'm usually waking up between 6 and 7 when my 3 yr old announces to the house that it's "Shine time". Hopefully after the holidays, I'll get back into my normal routine of waking up at 5 so I can get my workout in and some time to myself...but that would require going to bed earlier which just doesn't seem to be happening lately...

Maridel
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:59 PM

I'm so not a morning person. I voted after 8am. But in recent weeks the kids have been waking me up between 7 and 8. I get my "me" time when the kids go to bed. I have to "wind" down at the end of the day and read or watch a movie (or both lol).

livanded
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Well my kids wake me up between 6 and 7 usually get out of bed between 7 and 8

Cemommster
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:37 PM

6:30-7, and it still gives me an hour by myself. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN