Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

If you live in a HS Friendly State....

Posted by   + Show Post
I am in Idaho where no reporting is required. If you are in an "easy" state, do you still track days and field trips and such "just in case"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Replies (11-20):
AmyG1976
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:05 PM

nope no way no how if I had to track ect I would prob try to find a loophole way out of it.

almondpigeon
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Technically, we are supposed to keep track (NC), but I've never known anyone who has actually been audited or anything.  I keep a notebook with attendance, but I have been known to cheat (shhhh!).  I feel like the number of days is less important than the work we cover.

LovemyQ
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I track days and have a lesson plan book that I keep. Any interesting work is kept in a folder for that year. I only do this as a way to track myself and make sure we are not slacking off. And yes, in case anyone wants to know what we've been doing.

hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Quoting chotovec82:

I live in Indiana.  Here you are only required to have your kids in "school" 180 days. I have heard that no one ever checks up on this. However, I have an attendence book that I put in their attendence and it also has a list of their classes and I write down what they did that day.  I would rather be safe than sorry. JMO

Indiana here, too.

I have a lesson plan book I use for the whole year, which serves as my attendance book as well. When we aren't doing at home lessons (like we go to co-op all day 24 weeks a year), I still write "co-op" in that space. AT the end of the year I print out a few pictures of projects they did during the year and put them in sheet protectors in a binder. A very simple scrapbook, and include '180 days' on it somewhere. :)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:29 PM
We live in ohio and it's pretty easy, but I still track days and write everything down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowangel1979
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:37 PM
I'm in Michigan. I don't have to do a thing.
No testing, no asking permission, no records or reporting to anyone.

The only thing is it has to be done by a parent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope I didn't track nothing or have the kids take the required tests

coala
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I honestly don't know if we are supposed to track or do much of anything.  I fibbed to the local school board (well, sort of--I told them that she was doing online with a private school, which is sort of true.  It got us out of the need to report to them which is what I wanted.  I am keeping track of all grades, progress reports and report cards.  Each child will have a file with a sample from every subject in that file for each year.

bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Nope, never have in all my 20 yrs of home educating.  I just have a set amount of work I want done and we do it.  

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Nope nope nope! I would much rather spend that time doing things with my kids!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN