Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What do your homeschool spaces look like?

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:45 PM
  • 32 Replies

Do you all have seperate areas for your homeschool space? What do they look like? If you have pictures I would love to see them!

we will be moving 3 times in the next 4 years, so I'm not sure what sort of ideal space we will have. I'd love to see your spaces so I can brainstorm! 

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:36 PM

We have a few spaces spread out but the kids use the kitchen table to work.

diaperstodating
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:37 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommaDeeof3
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:41 PM

im hoping in a few days we will be done moving things around in our house and i can take a pic! :)

Lucky Momma of 4 love bugs!

Emily 5/25/07, Lilly 11/12/08, Joseph 7/27/10, Maggie 7/7/12

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:18 PM
2 moms liked this

We have move around alot too. I will post some pics of our little schoolroom that we have this time around. :) 

Big desk is mine and little desk is youngest's in school.

Its small but it works. :)  

undefined

coala
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Don't have pics, but I have 1 bookshelf dedicated to the books and worksheets with a shelf on another one that is dedicated to supplemental flash cards and stuff.  I have one 4 ft desk at the end out island in our kitchen with a t.v. and a dvd player attached.  On my island facing the desk is the white board.  She has a cushy chair to sit in.  The t.v. and dvd player are b/c her instruction is via a teacher on dvd.  We will be setting up another table and t.v. and dvd player right after Christmas not far from the other set up.  I will have to take the long way around the island b/c the desks will be close together.  LOL

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:30 PM
We remodeled our dinning room in to a computer/learning center. But learning happens all over our house we only made the special room to house all our tools for learning.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Clh1989
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Thanks everyone, your ideas help!

tracykelly79
by Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:32 AM
2 moms liked this

Right now, our dining room is our learning area, but we also do school pretty much anywhere. We are in the process of purchasing our first home and my DH has vowed to get me a house with a finished basement (hope, hope). We school through K12, so we usually have our computer near by also. This is an example....

Clh1989
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Ooh, all those borders and charts make me happy!

Quoting tracykelly79:

Right now, our dining room is our learning area, but we also do school pretty much anywhere. We school through K12, so we usually have our computer near by also. This is an example....

ariesmom20
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this
We just moved but we don't have a spot for schooling we mostly do it jan our living room. Bc the house it's smaller but I hope to get a big enough shed to make it into a school area
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN