Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I love to read!   In fact, I try and read everything I can. I read all kinds of books from love and romance to western to historical romance to real life to theology and even Bible history.  My husband is even more of an avid reader than I am. We even have managed to pass down to a few of our kids our passion for reading. 

Now, my question to you ladies is....

Do you like to read and what genre's hold your interest?  Do you have an interest in just one genre or do you love reading everything like I do?  :) 

undefined

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:59 PM
Replies (41-50):
SusanTheWriter
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I used to be a massive Nora Roberts fan. Now, I still enjoy her books, but I don't rush out to buy them. I've read almost all of the "In Death" series and just enjoy the heck out of it. Of course, Roarke is so totally Pierce Brosnan. :)

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I wait on pins and needles for months before each new release - then I buy them for ridiculous prices from Barnes and Noble, because I just can't wait. Lol.

Quoting KickButtMama:

"In Death" is one of my fav series' as well!!

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I enjoy reading. Very much.

I cannot stand science fiction and romance is hit or miss (I have to be in a really foul mood to enjoy straight romance).

I love almost every thing else - I *adore* JD Robb's "In Death" series. My favorite series of all time is the Harry Potter series. Lol.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosey, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that my "place" is in the home caring for my husband and children. My husband is head of our home and I *love* my life! (just getting the controversial stuff out of the way!)             Aimee

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:58 AM

I know, me too! Then I yell at myself for days that I caved and paid the same for an ebook as I would have for a hardcover! Grrrr

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I wait on pins and needles for months before each new release - then I buy them for ridiculous prices from Barnes and Noble, because I just can't wait. Lol.

Quoting KickButtMama:

"In Death" is one of my fav series' as well!!

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I enjoy reading. Very much.

I cannot stand science fiction and romance is hit or miss (I have to be in a really foul mood to enjoy straight romance).

I love almost every thing else - I *adore* JD Robb's "In Death" series. My favorite series of all time is the Harry Potter series. Lol.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I love to read. Currently I prefer non-fiction to fiction.  When I was a teenager it was the opposite.  I love reading books on history and science but only the good ones.  It has to be interesting.  Currently I am reading a book called the Joy of Chemistry.  I love biographies and human interest stories.  I occasionally find myself getting into a good fiction story especially historical fiction.  I also love reading books on education.  One of my favorites is Einstein never used flashcards.  It is about how children learn using current research.  It actually proves everything that i have learned while homeschooling.  I am also reading a book called Lies my teacher told me.  It talks about the errors and lies in most history books.  It is a really great book.  

sourflower
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:06 AM
I love to read! I enjoy anything Biblical, I also enjoy fiction but its hard to find anything appropriate to read.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SusanTheWriter
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

My friend Charlotte Hubbard writes under her name and also as Naomi King. She writes Amish romances. Very sweet stories, nothing inappropriate.

Quoting sourflower:

I love to read! I enjoy anything Biblical, I also enjoy fiction but its hard to find anything appropriate to read.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Really the only books of hers I Must have are the In Death series (Roarke is totally Pierce, never made the connection before!) I used to love her Irish series' and some of her paranormal....but it seems like since she did that weird vampire trilogy she's lost the spark a bit. Now story lines are being repeated over & over with different character names,. ;( 

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

I used to be a massive Nora Roberts fan. Now, I still enjoy her books, but I don't rush out to buy them. I've read almost all of the "In Death" series and just enjoy the heck out of it. Of course, Roarke is so totally Pierce Brosnan. :)

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Yay! It's not often I find a fellow science addict! I highly recommend the books by Robert Gilmore, very intriguing without being to over the top. 

Quoting jen2150:

I love to read. Currently I prefer non-fiction to fiction.  When I was a teenager it was the opposite.  I love reading books on history and science but only the good ones.  It has to be interesting.  Currently I am reading a book called the Joy of Chemistry.  I love biographies and human interest stories.  I occasionally find myself getting into a good fiction story especially historical fiction.  I also love reading books on education.  One of my favorites is Einstein never used flashcards.  It is about how children learn using current research.  It actually proves everything that i have learned while homeschooling.  I am also reading a book called Lies my teacher told me.  It talks about the errors and lies in most history books.  It is a really great book.  

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I LOVE to read!  As my mom always says, "I'll read anything that's not nailed down, and some things that are!"  There are very few books that I haven't been able to read, just couldn't get into it... Twilight and The Witching Hour come to mind, but that's about it!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I didn't know they were the same person!  That's cool!

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

My friend Charlotte Hubbard writes under her name and also as Naomi King. She writes Amish romances. Very sweet stories, nothing inappropriate.

Quoting sourflower:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN