Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

So...

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:32 PM
  • 13 Replies

I still need to finish DD11's lesson plans for the week. It's 11:30. Long night - evening Mass, spent it in the cry room, fast food dinner, cranky 4 month old, wired 3 year old, hyper 11 year old...

and I'm sitting on cafemom looking at the pile of textbooks on the loveseat waiting for me to assign them on the stinkin' lesson plan for next week.

Just one of those nights.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosey, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that my "place" is in the home caring for my husband and children. My husband is head of our home and I *love* my life! (just getting the controversial stuff out of the way!)             Aimee

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rebeccasmly
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:36 PM
That was me this past Wednesday. I needed to finish lesson plans and after a stressful day & running the kids to their activities, I came home looked at the lesson plans on my desk, looked at the bookshelf. I decided to do something for myself and read a bit. It felt good. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BramblePatch
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:45 PM
I finally finished the lesson plans, but really need to finish my T-Day shipping list....I found reruns of House on an off the wall channel and am totally distracted, lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Awwwwwwwwwwwww

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:10 AM
it will all be there tomorrow. just do the next thing in each subject and write it down as you go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Quoting Boobah:

it will all be there tomorrow. just do the next thing in each subject and write it down as you go.

She really works better if she can look at each assignment. I finished it (late!) last night... finally. Lol.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosey, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that my "place" is in the home caring for my husband and children. My husband is head of our home and I *love* my life! (just getting the controversial stuff out of the way!)             Aimee

coala
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I wanted to push mine off as well on Friday night.  I pushed through it and then Daddy cancelled school for this week.  He thought she might like some time to play with her PS friends since they are all out this week.  LOL

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Quoting coala:

I wanted to push mine off as well on Friday night.  I pushed through it and then Daddy cancelled school for this week.  He thought she might like some time to play with her PS friends since they are all out this week.  LOL

I was going to do the same - but her best friend (who lives in the neighborhood) is at Disney for the entire week, so I figured she's need something to keep her busy. Lol.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Awww ~  Well at least I see that you got 'er done. :)   I find myself getting like this every so often myself. i think its just because I haven't had much adult time and am going goo goo gaa gaa so much.   My brain just becomes fudge sometimes. lol  

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Yeah. Same here.

We met a new neighborhood child over the weekend. Her name was Ruby. Immediately I started humming to myself the theme song from the children's show "Max and Ruby".

I told my husband we need an adults only date night - ASAP.

Quoting kirbymom:

Awww ~  Well at least I see that you got 'er done. :)   I find myself getting like this every so often myself. i think its just because I haven't had much adult time and am going goo goo gaa gaa so much.   My brain just becomes fudge sometimes. lol  

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Oh yeah! I am thinking the same exact thought. We are definitely so in need of a hubby and wife date!  Anytime you can whistle or hum one of your child's kids shows, then its time for an adult outing. Period!  lol   

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Yeah. Same here.

We met a new neighborhood child over the weekend. Her name was Ruby. Immediately I started humming to myself the theme song from the children's show "Max and Ruby".

I told my husband we need an adults only date night - ASAP.

Quoting kirbymom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)