Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happy thanksgiving!

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:33 AM
  • 11 Replies
Where do you go, or what traditions do you have for today?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BramblePatch
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Its just a few of us today...most of my family is 1000 miles away....so its just me, the kids, my parents, and a family friend. I am doing all the cooking and I always serve my Grandma Addie's menu (Turkey, gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, candied yams, cranberry sauce, brussel sprouts, corn, and homemade rolls). I make everything from scratch.

A tradition from when I was a child is that our Christmas lights always turn on on Thanksgiving night...and ours are ready to go!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Happy Gobble day to you too! We are going to my MIL's for lunch and my FIL's for dinner.

oredeb
by debbie on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:26 PM

happy thanksgiving to you all also!

traditions, well the men all get together in the morning and go fishing, they've gotta catch us some salmon so we can eat!

us women are all back home cooking and talkin up a storm, catchin up, talkin bout recipes, life, ........

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:44 PM
We are at my parent's house...just my kids and I. I guess a couple of my siblings are coming later.

We don't have any real traditions. We have prime rib instead of turkey cuz my dad hates turkey.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Happy Thanksgiving!! We're going to my hubbies uncle and aunt house, then we're going by my mom and pops house. I just want to stay home all day!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AriannasMommy84
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

turkey dinner

<3 Crystal <3
Wife to Clay(2008),
Mommy to Arianna(2003),
Fur baby fettuccine(2009),
Isabella(2009),
& Madelyn(2011)

in loveteen girltoddler girlbaby girlcat
No measure of time with you will be long enough. But we'll start with forever."

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Happy Thanksgiving to you too. It is just our little family today, I am driving them crazy with the true history of the day rather than the sugar coated one that we where all taught in school.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Well, another tradition that we kept? My MIL AGAIN underestimated the length of time it takes a bird to cook! We've always gone to my FIL's for lunch and my MILs for dinner, as she always says we'll eat precisely at such-n-such a time, and inevitably we eat 3 hours later. But last night she called my DH and asked him if we could go to her house earlier this year since his aunt needed to leave by 3pm, so we told my FIL we'd see them by 3......so we arrive at MILs at noon, and were less than shocked that lunch wasn't ready till almost 4! We didn't make it to my FILs at all because of this. My poor boys were starving! We always eat lunch at around noon, but my MIl didn't even have any snacks or anything, so my kids were starved until the food was finally served. I just cracked up the whole time asking my DH why he expected anything different! Lol

Quoting KickButtMama:

Happy Gobble day to you too! We are going to my MIL's for lunch and my FIL's for dinner.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Glad I'm not the only one who bursts the 'Disney bubble' on holidays! Lol

Quoting usmom3:

Happy Thanksgiving to you too. It is just our little family today, I am driving them crazy with the true history of the day rather than the sugar coated one that we where all taught in school.

BramblePatch
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:19 PM
My ex-mil used to be "off" on the time....but only because she wanted to keep us,from making it to my folks house.

Quoting KickButtMama:

Well, another tradition that we kept? My MIL AGAIN underestimated the length of time it takes a bird to cook! We've always gone to my FIL's for lunch and my MILs for dinner, as she always says we'll eat precisely at such-n-such a time, and inevitably we eat 3 hours later. But last night she called my DH and asked him if we could go to her house earlier this year since his aunt needed to leave by 3pm, so we told my FIL we'd see them by 3......so we arrive at MILs at noon, and were less than shocked that lunch wasn't ready till almost 4! We didn't make it to my FILs at all because of this. My poor boys were starving! We always eat lunch at around noon, but my MIl didn't even have any snacks or anything, so my kids were starved until the food was finally served. I just cracked up the whole time asking my DH why he expected anything different! Lol

Quoting KickButtMama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)