Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What are you learning about this week?

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:50 PM
  • 38 Replies
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen2150
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:30 PM

We are studying about Fibonacci numbers, Chemistry, and the history of China.  I am teaching my son the mnemonic, "Leo the lion says GER"  LEO=lose electrons oxidation and GER= gain electron reduction.

BramblePatch
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:36 PM
DD (pre-k) is learning about Jesus feeding 5000 people.

DS (1st) is working on the creation story this week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jlee4249
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:50 AM
My six yo is working more on her intro to multiplication. We will b finishing the Diary of Remember Patience Whipple (mayflower) and starting another diary of a colonist girl. (I can't remember the title right now.). She's also working on adjectives, and sentence structure.
My 4yo is working on his simple addition, writing his letters & numbers. (He's got reading down, but we need to work on writing.). When he's done with his work, he colors, mostly.
oredeb
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:10 AM

just continuing on with math and english, still doing our unit study on forensics

downsouthjunkin
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Grammar/Lang Arts: Dissecting sentences, vocab, spelling, punctuation, etc.

Math: Angles, decimals,triple digit multiplication, long division,negative numbers,etc.

Science: Human Anatomy & Physiology.

History: Early days of the new nation (U.S. History) with geography thrown in.

SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:57 AM

DD is catching up on her Chemistry and working on the big, year-long project of a Periodic Table of Elements. We're still in the freaking Revolutionary War because she keeps tanking the tests. And honestly, if that's all we get done this week, I may have to call it done and move on.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

This week we are focusing on 3-d images (and the geometry that goes with them) and my eldest has to make his German labels. Both kids will be doing their 2 Brainpop videos each day.

lifesadream83
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:46 PM

We are diving into The Greek News starting this week as part of our study of Ancient Greece for history

In math we will spend the next two weeks learning the 3 and 4 times tables doing multiplication and division.

We are doing a year long study of astronomy so far we have covered the big bang, the universe, galaxies, astroids, meteors,  the sun, the moon, and this week we start the planets!  I believe after the initial intro I have us starting with Mercury. 

In LA we will be working on our first draft of dd's first research paper on Polar Bears.

We are still learning about texture through different Art projects. 

In Spanish we are finishing up the members of the family.  

I think that is everything... that was exhasting!

leighp1
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:58 AM

After reading everyone else's response I am thinking we aren't doing such a great job.  Feels like I am in the high school or college area.  Anyhow, here is what we are learning.  Christmas around the world (This also has computer skills in it as she is creating a website and adding what she learns to it), grammar (highlighting the different parts of a sentence with markers), Algebra, and Solar System. 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:49 AM

You sound fine! LOL

We tanked most of last week and I don't have a game plan for Science or History for December, yet! EEEeeeek!

I really want to do a Christmas around the world theme this year so I have so work to do.

I love the idea of you doing a website. That is such a critical skill anymore. I wish that I had more computer know how. My husband excels in that area, at least. 8)

Quoting leighp1:

After reading everyone else's response I am thinking we aren't doing such a great job.  Feels like I am in the high school or college area.  Anyhow, here is what we are learning.  Christmas around the world (This also has computer skills in it as she is creating a website and adding what she learns to it), grammar (highlighting the different parts of a sentence with markers), Algebra, and Solar System. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)