Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I taught her to write her name!!

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:23 PM
  • 11 Replies
2 moms liked this

I'm sorry, I am so excited! I have 4 kiddos but this is the 1st year of homeschooling for us. My older kids all went to PS all the way up through middle school. My daughter just turned 5 on the 20th and so she is my very first kid that I will be homeschooling all the way through school.

We have been working on all the normal things, recognizing letters and number, sounds and whatnot. We have been working on writing her name and yesterday she came up and showed me that she wrote her name all by herself!!!

I feel a little bit validated that yes, I can teach a child how to read and write lol. This was one of my biggest fears of homeschooling. The older kids have all of the basics down but I have to teach all of that to dd.

Anyway, I just had to share:0)

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaHome
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Yay!

It's always nice to see the work paying off. Keep it up!! :)

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:54 PM

CONGRATS!

bekalynne440
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Yay! That's exciting.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Awesome!!!

jendawn1
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:21 PM
All right!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2Emmau
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:44 PM
Awesome! My DD is 4 yrs 3.5 months and he is learning cursive with the Abeka K4 curriculum we're using. I am impressed that in 3-4 weeks she can write little i, u, e, a, & o. It is her favorite subject, mainly because it's all new. Phonics and numbers bore her to death because they are going at a very slow pace and she is already well past them! I've already decided that next year we won't use the DVDs, I'll just teach her because we can move at our own pace a little easier. I thought it would be easier this year with baby #2 due in a week and a half, but really we'd have been better off with the DVDs...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:51 PM

So Awesome! Good for you! Of course you can do this. Who better than you, their mother? lol :)  

You should take a picture and post it if you are able. :) 

undefined

BramblePatch
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:00 PM
That great! Good job, Mama!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Great job! I keep doughting myself as well because I did think I could it either. I started working with my oldest daughter second year of perschool with my son 2nd grade now two years ago I start to homeschool my two two year olds so it was different I was so happy when I heard them sing their abc's or count for the first time I really remember crying I was so happy. So keep up the great work!!!

oredeb
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:03 PM

awwww thats so great 101!!! yes you can do it!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN