Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In a typical week, how many times do you leave the house?

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:29 PM
  • 52 Replies

Lately it seems people are telling I don't get out enough.  We go to church on Sunday, moms group on Tuesday, and grocery shopping.  My DD has volunteer work for 2 hours twice a week, girl scouts weekly.   Ds has private tutoring once a week.  In addition to Sunday school the kids are involved with extra things at church.  We live in town and the kids have a ton of friends from the neighborhood.  My house is always busy on the weekends.  There's a small park and a corner store within walking distance for the kids. 

I feel when people say I need to get out they're trying to hint that I'm some kind of hermit living away from society or something.  Lol...whatever!  I enjoy baking homemade goodies and spending time with my kids. I don't like busy malls and restaurants.   I like to stay home...what's the big deal?  Am I some kind of weirdo?

How often do you leave the house?

What do you do when you go out?

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

We go out at least2 times a week. My kids have book club & computer club both once a week, because we live outside of town we try to bunch all our running around on those days to save on gas. So we will get groceries, take in recycling or donations & take a field trip all on the same day of one of those clubs.

BramblePatch
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:07 PM
We get out 3-4 times a week, at least this time of year. In the late Spring and Summer, we get out almost every day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifesadream83
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:25 PM

I went grocery shopping the Tuesday before Thanksgiving.

Saturday I went to the library for an hour.

Today I went to the doctor, chipotle, and sweet frog.

Tomorrow we have our normal Friday Play Day that didn't occur last week due to we were all putting up trees after turkey day... So I am pretty sure you have us beat!

AmyG1976
by Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:26 PM

oh jeez you want me to count I suck at math better get the 8 yr old lol anyway Sunday: is Church for all, right now dr Ed for oldest, then later in the day is youth group for the two older ones.

Monday: oldest has work so we take her I am not a homebody often after we drop her off we all head to the mall or the skate park or liberary. 2ed and 3rd have homeschool friends a few blocks away (driving not walking distance and I am a walker) so often dd gets dropped off and ds friend get picked up then later when we pick up oldest at work ours gets picked back up theres gets dropped back off. Every other week though is girl scouts for the 3rd kid I am a co-co leader lol so I am not there every week I am there about 1/2 the time though. then cookies and activities they have. Two Mondays a month is homeschool skate at a local rink  we try to hit every now and then.  

Tuesday: co-op all day (oldest dont take any classes she hits the liberary next door.

Wednesday: oldest works in the evening, 2ed and 4th kid have pokemon club twice a month and 2ed kid has DD the other two Wednesdays of the month. 3rd kid goes to some thing with a neighborhood kid at her church on Wednesday nights. I usually have to stop at the library this day as well if no pokemon as pokemon is at library

Thursday is my slow day although I have imagined about 20 reasons to get out of the house so far I managed to stay in lol I usually cut grass or other yard work or do the groc shopping

Friday is bank and groceries and sometimes oldest works or needs a ride here or there. nieghborehood kidlets fill up my house about 4pm almost every week 3rd child has a friend sleep over

Saturdays oldest has driver ed again. I hit some stores during then soon as it gets out 2ed 3rd and 4th kid have pokemon right next door oldest sometimes I take driving right behind the place while giving the others kids a phone and telling a friend where I am. Sometimes she walks to get food and I read or Internet in the place or parking lot after oldest sometimes gets dropped off somewhere the rest of us go home to a LATE lunch or I run and pickup pizzas while they are finishing up. 

Random days of the Week about once every two weeks Dh and I go out to breakfast. right now dh and I have been shopping for Christmas at least once a week as well and grabbing some coffee.

DONT worry about other ppl though some say I run to much some prob assume I don't leave the house sometimes like today (its Thursdays and the only day I don't have to leave the house and I am betting I still will at one point) it feels like I don't ever leave lol . You do what works for you :)

lifesadream83
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Quoting usmom3:

We go out at least2 times a week. My kids have book club & computer club both once a week, because we live outside of town we try to bunch all our running around on those days to save on gas. So we will get groceries, take in recycling or donations & take a field trip all on the same day of one of those clubs.

Oh yea and the second Friday night of each month we have book club at B&N

ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

honestly we rarely get out right now. We only got one car at the time & DH works & in in school so he has it.  We get out maybe 3 times a week. Once we get moved & settled that will change. I hate driving in california so that factors in. I feel comfortable driving in Indiana (where we are moving back to) so I will want to get out more in Indiana :)

jpalmer
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Lol...you are a social butterfly compaired to us!!! We get out maybe every other day...sunday: church, Tuesday: basketball, Thursday: photography club, Saturday: library/family activity center (wheee we swim indoors)...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jackies_jewels
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:39 PM

We get out maybe 3-4 days a week. Sunday is for Church, I do grocery and house hold shopping at least once a week, and we have a homeschooling play date once a week(Thursday or Friday) with a bunch of other kids...sometimes we will take off and go to the library or out to spend the day with DH's grandmother (she's like a second mother to me). I wouldn't pay attention to what other people say. You know what you are comfortable with, and everyone is different, LOL 

Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:45 PM

We are gone most of Saturday at the kids' Japanese school.  I take them to tennis on Friday, and we tend to meet-up at least once a week with at least one of their friends or somebody we know.  I go grocery shopping maybe once a week, every other week if I can make it happen.  Excluding doctors appointments and other things that can come up from time to time we aren't gone all the time, nor are we home all the time.  We meet-up with the kids' homeschool co-op a few times in a month for field trips or something along those lines, some months we do more some less.

To me it's nobodies business how much we're home.  Each family will vary; I know plenty of children schooled differently who's parents are home all the time and never do anything, and I know some that are busier than we are.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:47 PM

We always go grocery shopping with my dad on Thursdays, and we have co-op on Tuesdays. In the last month or so I've started getting together with another HS mom to workout twice/week. But that's it. Anything more and I feel like we are running and not able to focus on anything. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)