Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Good Afternoon Everyone! Let's Talk.....

Posted by   + Show Post

I would love to know how everyone's week has gone.  I would also like to be able to offer you some positive support if you feel in need of some. There are days where I know that I feel like I need some encouragement myself. At least enough so that I have some hairs left in my head. lol 

Just wondering if anyone else feels the same way?  :)

undefined

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Replies (21-21):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Thank you!  I can usually keep it together pretty well, but lately it has felt like a pile on.  Usually in the spring I make a lot of things to sell at the Farmer's Market to make the insurance and tax stuff easier, so I'm thinking that maybe I can contact some of the people who buy my goat cheese, fudge, Challah bread, etc and try and sell them some of my jams and jellies, Christmas cookies, and other breads.  I hadn't even thought of that!  So thank you for the memory jog :-) 

I often let my MIL get the best of me.  I promise myself that I won't let her drive me crazy, but then the holidays come around and she takes up residence in my head again.  It's so much easier when they forget about us for a few months.    Hubby decided on his own that we will only visit them once this Christmas.  I've been holding it all in and didn't realize that he was getting just as upset by their "suggestions" as I was.  It was really nice to hear that I wasn't alone.

His job ends on Friday, but it means that we will be able to spend all of the Christmas Holidays together this year!  He is taking the boys to pick out a tree on Saturday.  The house is cleaned for the holiday, my youngest son is at Grandma's so I can wrap presents and do the last minute preps for Christmas (and his birthday!!  He'll be 4 on the 13th)  So things are feeling better. 

My parents were away (on back-to-back cruises), so that was part of my problem too.  I really missed them.

I'll definately let you know if I need another hug!  I'm still breathing, so there are many things to be thankful for.  I just need to remind myself of that!  :-)

Quoting kirbymom:

Oh sweetheart! That is such a heavy load to carry all by yourself! This is all a matter of perspective. Lets see what I can do here...

And I am glad to hear that your FIL isn't too hurt by his accident.  But, it could have been so much worse and you would need to put more attention than you have, on him and help them out more than not.  So the fact that you don't is a positive, right? 

Your hubby got a job. Yay! He can still feel like he is being the bread winner for awhile longer. That is such a big thing for a man.  Also, it is one more experience he can add to his resume.  And, if he got this job, he can get another one. Its just a matter of time.  And with you being behind him giving him the moral support and encouragement  for him to go out and keep trying, he will get a job. 

I'm with you on the make ends meet part. It is very difficult here too.  My hubby has gone back to working 2 jobs and is possibly getting a third.  Is there anything else that you might be able to do? Maybe become a tutor? Teach a class on how to be self-sufficient?  How are you or your hubby with crafting? Could you make a homemade gentleman's pipe? Or something else that is useful?  Do either of you know how to repair computers? Or their programing? Something that would help bring in even a small amount? That is what we do when things get tight. That and a few other things.  

You can't let your MIL get to you like this. She sounds like my mother who is a busy body and doesn't know when to quit minding my buisness or anything else that involves me and my family. :)  One of the things that I have learned to do in the last few years is to just grit my teeth and not even let the world see me sweat! And there were times that we needed help so much but it just wasn't forth coming. Even welfare wouldn't help us out. They said it was because we made too much money the last year or two, so they turned us down. Even would let us have any emergency funds or food.  But you know what? We made it without that help. Even if we were a bit unconventional at coming up with the ways to make ends meet and keep food on the table and a roof over our heads. So in saying this to you, you are not alone and there is a way to get through this.  Yes, lets hope that December is MUCH better. :)  

I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts. :)  You can do this, I have faith and I believe that you can.  And anytime you need some encouragement and support, you just give me a shout out and I will come a runnin'.  :)  Agreed? You better say yes. lol :)  

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN