Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Girls Please Help Me Out! I need to make a menu....

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:05 PM
  • 8 Replies

for the next 2 weeks.  I'm going grocery shopping Monday morning.  Give me your best meal ideas!!

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Hmm..If I am going for two weeks I try to make things I can make one and eat twice, like Chili, chicken noodle soup, corndogs etc.
Lately we have been eating a lot of..chili, chicken noodle soup, taco's, homemade pizza, skiline chili, pasta and homemade meatballs, pan fried chicken breasts with veggies. Etc.
Then I always plan a couple quick meals that I can throw together in a pinch. Chili dogs, corn dogs,hamburgers, turkey subs etc.
Hope that helped. :)
SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 4:43 PM
Shepherd's pie
Baked pasta - lasagna, penne w/sausage and potatoes.
Soup - potato soup, kale soup, cream of chicken (or turkey) and rice soup.
Chili
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Last night I made pork chops (thick cut, no bone) by browning them in my electric skillet with a bit of flour and some onion. Then I added a can of tomato sauce, heated on Medium until the tomato sauce bubbled just a bit and then simmered on low for 30 minutes. It was really good! You can add Italian to make it go with pasta, or Rotel to make it more spicy.

BramblePatch
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 6:03 PM
Our week looks like this:

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans
Baked pasta alredo
Sesame orange chicken and white rice
Burgers and oven fries
Chicken milanese
Christmas Party!!!
French onion soup and salad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Something cheap we make that they devour is...

1.  Mashed potatoes with green beans and mushroom soup used as a gravy... add any grilled meat for protein and either salad or a fruit.

2.  Whole grain bread grilled cheese with steamed brocolli, optional side of soup.

3.  Hamburger (or ground turkey!) mixed up with gravy and spooned over potatoes or rolls.  Add veggies of choice on the side.

4.  Baked potato bar and salad.... my kids LOVE dressing up their own potatoes and they go crazy for it!

5.   Tuna salad!  My whole family loves this, DH likes his served as a grilled tuna melt for an adult flair.  Hello toaster oven!

6.   Grill up some tortilla's with cheese and black beans... we slightly drain the beans and add a packet of taco seasoning to them and heat them up before adding to the tortilla's.  Can serve with guac, s. cream, diced tomatos, etc..  If beans aren't liked in your family, replace with 1-2 cans of chicken...

7.    "Veggie Lasagna" is what I call it.   I make any seasoned veggies, add some cream of (something, I used chicken)...a few chunks of grilled leftover meat of some kind (mine was chicken).. and then stirred in a little grated cheese and topped with grated cheese.   My kids licked their plates and begged for more.  I used brocolli, green beans, and a little bit of corn to add color and taste. 

8.   A hit protein in our house is eggs.   Two ways we like them... Deviled (don't last long enough for me to finish making them!)  and as a crustless quiche...  Simply scrambled eggs with whatever you want to put inside them and baked.  Simply need to sautee the veggies and brown the meat, then pop them in greased muffin tins and bake.  

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Quoting KrissyKC:

Something cheap we make that they devour is...

1.  Mashed potatoes with green beans and mushroom soup used as a gravy... add any grilled meat for protein and either salad or a fruit.

2.  Whole grain bread grilled cheese with steamed brocolli, optional side of soup.

3.  Hamburger (or ground turkey!) mixed up with gravy and spooned over potatoes or rolls.  Add veggies of choice on the side.

4.  Baked potato bar and salad.... my kids LOVE dressing up their own potatoes and they go crazy for it!

5.   Tuna salad!  My whole family loves this, DH likes his served as a grilled tuna melt for an adult flair.  Hello toaster oven!

6.   Grill up some tortilla's with cheese and black beans... we slightly drain the beans and add a packet of taco seasoning to them and heat them up before adding to the tortilla's.  Can serve with guac, s. cream, diced tomatos, etc..  If beans aren't liked in your family, replace with 1-2 cans of chicken...

7.    "Veggie Lasagna" is what I call it.   I make any seasoned veggies, add some cream of (something, I used chicken)...a few chunks of grilled leftover meat of some kind (mine was chicken).. and then stirred in a little grated cheese and topped with grated cheese.   My kids licked their plates and begged for more.  I used brocolli, green beans, and a little bit of corn to add color and taste. 

8.   A hit protein in our house is eggs.   Two ways we like them... Deviled (don't last long enough for me to finish making them!)  and as a crustless quiche...  Simply scrambled eggs with whatever you want to put inside them and baked.  Simply need to sautee the veggies and brown the meat, then pop them in greased muffin tins and bake.  

Great stuff...I love to make quiche for dinner, never thought about using muffin tins for individual ones, I always make one big one, I'll try that, thanks.  :)

oredeb
by debbie on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:25 AM

sloppy joe stuffed peppers- can make ahead and freeze w/ salad

broccoli brunch casserole w/ salad

beef stew with homemade bread

sweet and sour meatballs w/ rice, salad

lasagna w/ green salad, garlic bread, veg.

chicken dinner in a pot

chicken noodle soup w/ bread

crockpot roast w/ mashed potatoes, gravy, veg, bread

leftover roast- burritoes

pizza

fried chicken, potato salad, green salad, rolls

my shepherds pie

hamburger gravy- mashed potatoes or hash browns, salad, veg

chicken fried steak- veg, salad, rolls

bbqed meatballs

chili

clam chowder- rolls

any left overs use for lunches

breakfasts- make up some granola, french toast using bread, cowboy eggs, oatmeal or cream of wheat, breakfast burritos, smoothies,

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Our menu looks like this:

Monday: shepherd's pie (veggie, so I use cooked couscous for the "meat" and mashed sweet potatoes for the "crust" The veggies were part of the stirfry from Saturday and the sweet potatoes are from the ones I cooked on Sunday)

Tuesday: Giant pot of beans (already made over the weekend): Divide into cuban bean and potato soup and refried beans (for next weeks enchiladas)

Wednesday:  Trout with Rspberry sauce and sticky squash with maple raspberry filling.

Thursday:  Tomato-topped chicken over polenta.

Friday: Pizza as always :-)

Saturday:  Simple Beef Goulash over mashed potatoes.  And a Warm Green Salad (Kale and green beans)

Sunday:  Stir-fried Chicken and sugar snap peas over Rice pilaf (make double batch)

Monday:  Use extra stir-fry to make easy cheesy chicken chowder.

Tuesday: Left over goulash over polenta, Spinach and cumin soup

Wednesday: Cheese enchiladas with a "taco salad" (no meat, top a salad with salsa and a dollop of sour cream)  And Chocolate Cake (It's Q's Birthday!!)

Thursday:  Roast some carrots, celery, and peppers and serve over Rice pilaf

Friday:  Pizza again!

Saturday:  Mini meatloaves (individuals in muffin tins) twice baked potatoes, and spinach and cumin soup.

Sunday:  Spinach stuffed chicken breats, loaded baked sweet potatoes,  roasted butternut squash soup.  And fresh bread.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)