Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Hello!!!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:29 PM
  • 6 Replies

How is everyone doing? How did school go today? What is everyone working on in Soical Studies? How is that topic in that  class going?

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
krisiehb
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:21 PM

WE did oo sound and conreunt shapes and commands and exclamations.  We also reviewed the ck sound and alphabetized our spelling words.  We are mixing reading with, science and history.  Michael (with my help) is reading his first chapter book about how they amde mummies and King Ramses and King Tut.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:49 PM

We skipped school today in favor of putting up the xmas tree and decorations.

Currently in history (we aren't doing social studies) we are working on The Church's contributions to the discovery of North America. It's going well. DD really enjoys her new textbook.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:51 AM

We are doing light school this month.   My kids are kicking around on time4learning, and we are doing some of our english lessons.   We hit the library, do some cooking, and go to the rec center for some swimming.   We have choir concerts, quiz meets, and a musical production at church that we are working on too.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this
We are doing a Christmas around the world thing in ss.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy2kaelynn
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:30 PM
We are currently learning more about Chanukah, as it begins this weekend, and playing derided, cooking latkes and learning about all of the traditions and history. We will then move on to Christmas and the Norse traditions of winter solstice and Yule. We celebrate them all in the family, between us, my parents, and my siblings, so she gets cultural holiday lessons from many different perspectives
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:27 AM
Hi! We are going on a trip today!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN