Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Well..guess we aren't doing school today.

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:51 AM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this
We had a super late start to our day.
I have some house work I need to do today and non of us were in a school mindset. Hubby came in and said he could use ds's help in the garage today. So I said to take him. He will probably learn more with real life experience today than he would sitting in here with me and neither of us wanting to do it today. Lol
So I get the day off and get to catch up around here..and he gets to earn some money and spend extra time with his dad. Plus I don't feel to guilty because I wasn't the one who cancelled school. Haha
How is everyone's week going?
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coala
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Enjoy your day off.  My DD had a rough day yesterday academically speaking.  She does this about every 3 weeks.  I think I am going to plan a fun "non-school" day every few weeks.  She will get time off for Christmas in just a couple of weeks.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:58 AM

We had a late night last night because Rob and I went out so the kids hung out with Grandma. It always sets us up for a slow, non productive day.

bether89
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:47 PM

We are having an okay week.  Tomorrow my neice is having surgery, so DS is have a DEAR Day.  That isaa Drop Everything And Read day at my MIL's house, while I go to the hospital.  DS has been ready for a break anyway.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:57 PM

We are deep in school mode..probably because yesterday was a bust. We had co-op but after the first 1/2 of the day my legs were in such pain that I told the kids we'd be cutting out early. We had to drive one of their friends home. When I walked him to the door I told the kids to stay in the car and left it running.....but they got out of the car, and LOCKED THE DOORS! We were stuck there for about 2 hours till someone from the garage could come break in for me...so we didn't get my sick butt home till nearly 5 PM...grrr

ariesmom20
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:01 PM
2 moms liked this

when i have days like that i call it "lifeskills day". we do cooking, cleaning, yardwork and such. everyday is a school day even when it feels like a day off they are still learning :)

wowguildmomma
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:38 PM

We are taking the day off too. me and 3 of the kiddoes woke up with a tummy bug so today we are watching youtube videos and history channel while munching crackers and soup.

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

is he building something learning something in the garage today? My hubby calls that it industrial text

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Sounds like a great day to me.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Aww ~ I hope everyone gets to feeling better soon.  feel better

Quoting wowguildmomma:

We are taking the day off too. me and 3 of the kiddoes woke up with a tummy bug so today we are watching youtube videos and history channel while munching crackers and soup.

undefined

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:47 PM

lol ~ That's good. I shall have to remember that.  :)

Quoting motheroffour186:

is he building something learning something in the garage today? My hubby calls that it industrial text

undefined

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN