Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Good Morning!!!

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:02 AM
  • 12 Replies

Hello how is everyone this morning? How is school work going for you today? How is school going for you today? Today is Friday kind of our relax day we practice for dance class we practice for drill team we practice drum class we just get ready for the weekend we practice choir because we have all these practices on Saturday and Sunday so we have to get ready for it. Then we have some kind of fitness on the we then we are pretty much done with school today. My oldest son have a Drill Team concert on Sunday after church. So how is your weekends looking my children has me running the whole weekend but that is okay I love it to see they smile on their face enjoying what they love to do. I love it.

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Clh1989
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Ooh, how do you get them in drill team? Are they enrolled through the high school? Sorry if that's a dumb question! My husband mentioned it when we first started talking about homeschooling, and this is the first time I've ever seen it talked about here. 

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:14 AM

He is going throw drill teams in our local churches. Call around and ask our local churches. Google it drill team in your area.

Clh1989
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Quoting motheroffour186:

He is going throw drill teams in our local churches. Call around and ask our local churches. Google it drill team in your area.

That's interesting, thanks. My husband and I both did lots of extra curricular activites in high school. Its something I need to remember for the future! 

BramblePatch
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:39 AM
I decided to take today off....DD has horseback riding and we have to leave by 10:50am. We get home at 12:30, have lunch, and leave for DS skating lessons, Christmas Recital, and party at 3:30pm and won't get home until 7.....so I can't see cramming in lessons, especially since DS has a spelling test and math drill scheduled, this morningn
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:50 AM

My son is doing this in eight grade and God son is in at seven grade. We started for social groups my mother-in-law and father is yelling at me about so we put them in so much stuff now is their term to pick what they want to be in at 10 year old.

oredeb
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:01 AM

hi momof4,

we are doing good here, nice rainy, windy day!

we are starting a new project for the younger kids, we are studying our state history, we got done with the map on the wall, so our next assignment is to make 4 newsletters each about the smaller towns in our state, we will be using the templates found on Microsoft, they will write about the history of the place in one article, write about what there is to do around the area, weather,pop,include pictures, happenings etc, and put it in the form of a newsletter instead of just an old piece of paper!hahahah

this weekend looks like a fishing weekend!!

TxMommyOfBoys
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:07 PM
I have done math the 6 year old. 2 lessons today. We read some books in front of the fire. We had breakfast and then the 4 year old woke up and they are playing a board game now. We are waiting for my 9 year old to wake up (its 11!) Then we are doing his school work and heading to holiday in the park at 6 flags.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:09 PM

We have some sickies today, so we are going slow.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Missie is reviewing measurements. Cole is not feeling up to much, today.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Oldest 2 in school are doing 12,000 word reports and the next oldest is doing her lessons that she put together, and my 2 younger schoolers are doing their work right beside me in my room as I clean and try to chat on cafemom. lol My very youngest is doing whatever she finds interesting in the moment and trying to learn school from all of us too. Makes for a very intersting school day I can assure you. lol 

undefined

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)