Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OT: My son loves to draw and paint ...

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:11 AM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

I was curious if anyone had any cool  recommendations for art sets or crayola brand sets that a 5 yr old might like?  He has paint, colored pencils,  crayons, markers, play dough, clay.. I wanted something "different" to spark his creativity.  Does anyone have an airbrush set or the Crayola Glow Dome?  Are those a waste of money?  I was curious to see what your feedback was.    Thanks in advance!    Better yet, I'll probably just get some window washable markers. LOL 

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:17 AM

I use rose art but I do not like it cause they broke easy so I buy so many packs.

JDsmomma07
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Quoting motheroffour186:

I use rose art but I do not like it cause they broke easy so I buy so many packs.

I've noticed that about Rose Art as well! 

oredeb
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

yea those window markers are great!!! let him decorate the house for xmas!!

do his school work on the windows!! how fun!!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:46 AM

I would make some homemade 'puff paint' and give it to him.

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Look up home made craft supplies & let him make them & then he can use them.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:15 PM

I love the suggestions above me. But if you have your heart set on buying them you might try looking on Amazon. Here is a link for you to look....

http://www.amazon.com/s/?tag=avslink-20&link_code=wsw&_encoding=UTF-8&search-alias=aps&field-keywords=art+and+craft+supplies&Submit.x=0&Submit.y=0&Submit=Go

JDsmomma07
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:17 AM

Great ideas ladies. I think I might go the home made route. :-D  

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:41 AM
The window markers are better than the window crayons. The crayons stained my trim. Oops. Lol
Pukalani79
by Kristin on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Water colors are fun, finger paints for outside in the summer.  Pastels are fun, but they're messy...

My daughter loves to draw and paint as well. This year in addition to her regular supplies, we're getting her a plastic table cloth and some drop cloths so she can paint in the dining room more often without me worrying about the furniture. :)

lifesadream83
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

My dd is an art fan as well.  Have you thought of or are you open to oil pastels ?  I have not heard of the other items.  Then again my dd is a little older.  We have an art spin set that she loves and was well worth it.   The one we have is similar to the linked site but not the exact one.  I think ours is a little better.  

B&N has little black scratch pads and when you scrape away the black there is color underneath.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN