Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you give homeschool supplies/materials as Christmas presents to your kids?

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:45 AM
  • 26 Replies

My kids will probably receive a big bag of craft supplies (heavy on the tape since Cole loves that stuff) so they will stay out of my stuff!

I thought about getting my oldest a microscope, too.

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:40 PM

We aren't this year but we have in years past.

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:18 PM

We do we give the children new backpacks pencils papers folders crayons. To keep them going to the end of that school year. Then income taxes get ready for next school year.

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Yes we will be giving them some school stuff as gifts!! Hubby andI I  saw these cute backpacks ,that we will be  getting them and I will just fill them with some school supplies and the great thing about the backpack is it's not to big and it's not to small they're just right!!

jynkx
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:28 PM

i often get the kids art supplies as gifts.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:00 PM

We have Christmas sacks (stockings weren't quite big enough) that we fill with everyday supplies.  They get a new journal, some cool pens and pencils/erasers,etc, stamp markers, glitter glue, googly eyes, beads, things that are school supplies but the cool ones that they ask for.  And at least 1 book.  But it's also where we put a cool toothbrush, toothpaste, spiderman bubble bath, an orange, and some candy.  They always save their sack for later in the day after they've played with the toys they got.  We got them the same kinds of stuff before we started homeschooling, so I don't know if that counts or not.  :-)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:27 PM
Heck yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BramblePatch
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Yup. They are getting beeswax crayons, color pencils, and markers in their stockings. DS(5) is also getting a cool microscope.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Nope. The oldest would lead a revolt. She isn't a fan of school (at home or in brick/mortar). Lol.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

leighp1
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:18 AM

Mine too.  They both look forward to Christmas so they don't have to deal with any school.  LOL

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Nope. The oldest would lead a revolt. She isn't a fan of school (at home or in brick/mortar). Lol.

kckmom3
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:05 AM
Our kids get regular presents but sometimes in their stockings we will put in art supplies along with candy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN