Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ROUGH WEEK?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:04 PM
  • 9 Replies
3 moms liked this

The anticipation of the Holidays is CRAZY!! the kids always act out more. It makes homeschooling hard. I have seen a lot of frustrated moms on here today and I just wanted to say. HUGS. It will get better in January. Once Christmas is behind us, the kids will settle back down. WE just have to make it one more week. and if you CAN, I say start your break now. Why not? Isn't that the joy of homeschooling? 

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
usmom3
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:42 PM
3 moms liked this

You are right about that being one of the many joys of homeschooling!

bether89
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:31 AM
2 moms liked this

We reached to point of frustrations last week.  This week we are doing all Christmas lessons, crafts, baking, and music.  Dh is off this week so we are putting down the books and doing a fun week with a little learning thrown in.

lucsch
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Yes, my son came home from college. He is an RA--more like indentured servant. He found out he has training a day earlier than he told us last month. We had planned to go on a family trip, including Disney World. Now, he is staying home--for Christmas--by himself, while the rest of us go.

Dd9 and I have had the worst cold for a week and a half, so the past week or so has been so difficult!

KickButtMama
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Wait, we are still homeschoolers? EEK! I seem to have forgotten since it's been so long since the kids did anything resembling a lesson (minus their blogs and reading eggs and Brain Pop).....stupid me, saying, "Oh, I'll just make all our gifts this year" then "Crap I only have 2.5 weeks left?"I'm now finishing 1.5 hats for Saturday and 4 snowflake (lace) ornaments and a doily for Monday. Then my dad and my mom will have to wait indefinately for their doilies...lol...there's zero chance of me getting those done before Christmas. *Sigh* Why can't there be 30 hours in a day every now and again....then again if there was I'd probably hide outside with coffee and a book...LOL>

Happy Holidays!!!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Aww # 1 ~ Sweetpea, I hope you and you daughter feel better real soon!  

Aww # 2 ~ Are your and your son able to text and or call each other during this trip? I sure hope so. May you could send him back a postcard while you are on your trip. 

Quoting lucsch:

Yes, my son came home from college. He is an RA--more like indentured servant. He found out he has training a day earlier than he told us last month. We had planned to go on a family trip, including Disney World. Now, he is staying home--for Christmas--by himself, while the rest of us go.

Dd9 and I have had the worst cold for a week and a half, so the past week or so has been so difficult!

undefined

MethodMom
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:20 PM

LOL!!!!!! I know the feeling. If I did one lesson per day in the past month it was a miracle. 

Quoting KickButtMama:

Wait, we are still homeschoolers? EEK! I seem to have forgotten since it's been so long since the kids did anything resembling a lesson (minus their blogs and reading eggs and Brain Pop).....stupid me, saying, "Oh, I'll just make all our gifts this year" then "Crap I only have 2.5 weeks left?"I'm now finishing 1.5 hats for Saturday and 4 snowflake (lace) ornaments and a doily for Monday. Then my dad and my mom will have to wait indefinately for their doilies...lol...there's zero chance of me getting those done before Christmas. *Sigh* Why can't there be 30 hours in a day every now and again....then again if there was I'd probably hide outside with coffee and a book...LOL>

Happy Holidays!!!

oredeb
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

yea in hsing you can break any time you want!!

ablessedlife
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:50 PM
I've known families that take the month of December off. I guess that would make things easier. But then starting back up again...
MethodMom
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:51 PM

WE have pretty much done this. I have managed to get one week of work done in the past 3 weeks. oops. 

Quoting ablessedlife:

I've known families that take the month of December off. I guess that would make things easier. But then starting back up again...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)