Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Print Inverted Reading

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 11:34 AM
BJ
  • 7 Replies

http://www.pireading.com/

Print Inverted Reading is the ability to make sense out of text when viewed upside-down and backward. To some extent, all good readers can do this if they try. Teachers, for example, train themselves to read upside-down, thus making it easier for themselves when working with their students.

But a true PI reader cannot read in the conventional way. He, or she can only read successfully when the print is viewed upside- down. If you've never seen this before, then it is truly amazing to watch. Please click this link and watch the video before you go on. http://www.dropshots.com/teacherman9000#date/2009-04-29/11:57:42

Okay! Now how can this be? Read the rest

by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
oredeb
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:12 PM

wow thats interesting, was the boy dyslexic ? or? thats so amazing, now i want to know why?

added: i just read the other site and know why, wow thats so amazing, maybe someone on here can try it and see if it will help!

MOMOFLOTS12
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:03 PM

MY 13 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER HAS ALWAYS HAD TROUBLE WITH PICKING UP ON READING AND WRITTING.  IT IS NOW KNOWN THAT SHE HAS PIR ( PRINT INVERTED READING)....THIS IS GOING TO BE A CHALLENGE

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Wow, learn something new everyday!

usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I can read things upside down & backwards!

MOMOFLOTS12
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:58 PM

WAS IT DIFFICULT FOR YOU AS A STUDENT?  NOW THAT I KNOW HER PROBLEM, I WILL DO SOME RESEARCH ON HOW TO HELP HER

celticdragon77
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I read quite well upside - and have always been like that. It doesn't seem to require any extra effort to read upside down, but it does increase my reading comprehension and focus. 

"live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..." Emerson 

usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:45 PM

I am not a true PI reader, I did struggle with learning to read as a child to the point that my Mother had them hold me back in 1ST grade but she was able to teach me how to read over the summer so that when I went back to school the next year I was reading at a 3RD grade reading level. Needless to say I was board in school from that year on!

Quoting MOMOFLOTS12:

WAS IT DIFFICULT FOR YOU AS A STUDENT?  NOW THAT I KNOW HER PROBLEM, I WILL DO SOME RESEARCH ON HOW TO HELP HER

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN